Unlock iPhone 2 OS 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigcj55, Jun 18, 2009.

?

Was this guide helpful to you?

1. Yes.

60.0%
  2. No.

40.0%
  3. I was already aware of this.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    All credit for this guide goes to the greaat people at www.ihackintosh.com. I am just posting this because it worked perfect for me.
    "iPhone OS 3.0 final is available a week ago in the wild. The official release is scheduled to 17th June and we get our hands on 3.0 final 7 days ago. Like previous Beta and GM updates this update needs a special trick if you are using an iPhone which is unlocked by QuickPwn. If you guys using a Pwned (Pwnage Mac) iPhone don’t take the pain just go for a simple update. It’s confirmed OS 3.0 doesn’t updates your iPhone Baseband. So if anything goes wrong you can downgrade your firmware any time “ How to Downgrade iPhone 3G / 2G 3.0 back to 2.2.1 “ I have tried different tricks but only this one is the most successful trick. The reason behind downgrading is QuickPwn RC3 works like Pwnage Tool. It will be very hard for you to find QuickPwn RC3 so we managed all the downloads you need in the end of this post. let me explain how Pwnage and QuickPwn are different, Pwnage tool uses breaking the chain of trust in the bootrom, LLB and iBoot while QuickPwn uses a ramdisk and the DFU exploit to make the modifications to your device. If you are looking for jailbreak wait for dev team announcement may be 17th June.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Update Window ( Must Read )

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Update One : This guide is for un locking your iPhone 2G not for jailbreaking. MMS and Tethering is not supported with iPhone 2G even it runs the OS 3.0 I have tested this guide and it works perfectly on my iPhone. Thanx you guys for your support i made this guide on 11June, six days before the Official release and this post is viewed more than 20,000 times in 5 days.

Update Two : iPhone Dev Team is going to preview the YellowSn0w for OS 3.0 very shortly we are hoping that Dev team also releases the QuickPwn for OS 3.0 so we’ll post a new guide for unlocking and jailbreaking the iPhone 2G, 3G with OS 3.0 very soon. So if you are reading this message wait for next 24 hrs for updated QuickPwn (if Dev Team releases). Otherwise this is the only possible solution so far.

Update Three : Dev Team Announced UltraSn0w for iPhone 3G scheduled to arrive on 19th June but QuickPwn will be available shortly after Official 3.0 release so stick with us we’ll publish the unlock and jailbreak guide very shortly.

Update Four : OS 3.0 is finally available now this is just matter of time to release of QuickPwn and Pwnage tool so we’ll be able to jailbreak too. We are preparing all new guides so stick with us.

Why 3.0 : iPhone / iPod OS 3.0 has many new feature including most awaited Cut - Copy n Paste, Voice Memo, Landscape mode in Stocks and many more. Hara Taiki posted a lots of screenshots in his review of OS 3.0 you can check here Review: OS 3.0 (Build 7A341)

For 3G Users : This guide is not for you, Don’t try it will lose your unlock if you UPDATE or RESTORE to 3.0, cause the baseband is also updated permanently.
    For 2G Users : You can do whatever you like (UPDATE, RESTORE,DOWNGRADE), that you wont lose your unlock. Cause the baseband stays the same, its not updated.
    This guide is based on my personal experience and i am using this trick to preserve my unlock while updating to beta releases too. With this trick i’ve successfully tested up to OS 3.0 Beta 5 and GM release. However i’ll be not responsible for any damage (if any!).

iPhone 2g 2.2.1 QuickPwned to 3.0 on Windows Computer :

Put your iPhone 2.2.1 in to DFU mode by following steps (Make sure you have iTunes 8.1.1 or 8.0).
    You can follow these steps to put your iPhone in DFU mode (this is required only if iTunes does not recognize your iPhone):

Connect your iPhone to your computer.
    Turn iPhone off.
    Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
    Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
    A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
    Once your iTunes detect your iPhone in DFU mode do a Restore install (option-Restore button) to firmware 2.0.2 Using DFU Mode.
    When your iPhone downgraded to firmware 2.0.2 run QuickPwn RC3 and allow it to pwn the iPhone using firmware 2.0.2. In select options Tick iPhone Unlock and don’t apply tick on Cydia, Installer and Custom Logos It should finish activated.
    Using iTunes again, set it up as a new iPhone (do not restore from backup).
    Now install iTunes 8.2 final because OS 3.0 is supported by iTunes 8.2 final version only.
    Now update by click option-Update button (NOT Restore), and choose the firmware 3.0 image.
    iPhone 2g 2.2.1 Pwned to 3.0 Beta on Mac OS X :

Make sure your iPhone 2G is Pwned 2.2.1 (Pwnage NOT QuickPwn) if sure fire iTunes.
    Now update by click option-Update button (NOT Restore), and choose the firmware 3.0 image."
    This page has almost all the downloads you need. http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/06/unlock-iphone-2g-os-3o-7a341-final-version/
  2. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im gonna try it right now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it actually work... yeah yeah.... 3.0 unlock...
  3. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Haha, yeah I know it works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Nobody trusts it I guess....Works fine for me too!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is your youtube and mAps working? If it is how?
  5. b1rdman

b1rdman New Member

Just did it...It works!!! Thanks for the guide!
  6. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  7. pluspeed66

pluspeed66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is youtube and maps working for you guys?
  8. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have literally never used maps, but Youtube works fine. I downgraded cause I missed my jailbreak...
  9. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'll try it this weekend if the Dev doesn't come out with a Quickpwn.