unlock for external devices??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by jaa55, Feb 22, 2008.

1. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

is there anyway to get around the lock when you dock to a car stereo? for example when i dock with my pioneer headunit the headunit automatically locks you out of the music and movie control on your ipod and says external device connected. well what i want to do is to watch movies while its plugged in and send the sound out to the headunit. now i could be simple and send the sound out through the headphone jack but then it wont charge off the headunit. as modifiable as the the touch is, im sure there has to be be someway around this lockout. can anyone help?!
  2. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

anyone??
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What does this have to do with the 1.1.3 Firmware?

Please post this in the General Chat Section.
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually there is a way by using an fm transmitter u can get it where u can als charge ur ipod and it dosnet lock u out. I have the griffun one and it works great but it will cost u money though.
  5. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

well im using 1.1.3 so it does pertain to this section

yeah the fm transmitter would work but if im going to go that direction i might as well just get a charger and use my headphone jack to my AUX in on the heaunit, i just want to use the headunits dock for a clean install with no extra wires and the best sound quality i can get to the stereo, i see no reason it couldnt be done assuming someone made a program so it didnt lock out, my ihome doesnt lock me out but still does all the controls my pioneer headunit performs, minus the title of the song and artist
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, what does the 1.1.3 firmware have to do with your head unit thing?
  7. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

its going to require a program or hack/tweak that works with 1.1.3, the headunit its not going to be modified the ipod will
  8. darc10222

darc10222 Banned

You can't write a "tweak" that makes it so a headunit doesnt lock you out of your iPod >_>.
  9. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

ok, for what reason couldnt you? the headunit obviously just sends a signal to the ipod to tell it to lock you out of certain features which the ihome does not. if the ipod ignored the signal couldnt it stay unlocked? safari and everything else is still useable during playback right now
  10. jaa55

jaa55 New Member

TTT

there has to be someone that knows the section of code in the firmware that does this...