Unlock and put At&t sim in iPhone 1st gen no data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EspEclipse9, Feb 5, 2009.

1. EspEclipse9

EspEclipse9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just recently ordered an unlocked iphone 1st gen. I am currently using an At&t/cingular Sim in my motorola razor with no data plan. Can I transfer my sim to the iphone, and they wont automatically place me with a data plan for Edge? Please reply, thanks
  2. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yes you may switch but there are some who report that you must turn off edge. Simply install Boss Prefs and use the toggle switch to do so.

Me personally, I have never turned off my edge and I am have never been charged for data.

Before you switch, you may wish to call at&t and tell them that you wish for data to be blocked from your razr. This way when you make the sim card switch to the iPhone, you won't have to worry about data charges.

However, Do not tell at&t that you are planning to switch to the iPhone!!
  3. EspEclipse9

EspEclipse9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Thanks but a quick question, so that means if I install boss prefs, I wont ever get charged for data?
  4. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Once you install boss prefs make sure to toggle off edge. Then you should not be charged for data.

The best thing to do though like I said is to call at&t and have them block all data from your sim card.