Unknown error code 13014 on iTunes 8.0.2 - my genius play list function is dead

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by SogazuSeJin, Nov 26, 2008.

1. SogazuSeJin

SogazuSeJin New Member

After I upgraded my PC, I copied old libraries and music files from the old hard drive to the new one. I installed the newest version of iTunes (8.0.2) and when I plugged in my ipod, I saw something I had never seen. Guess what it is?

'Unknown error code 13014!'

I had no problems for using every function that my iPod touch and iTunes have (including Genius play list) and of course, I've been updating every version of firmwares and iTunes programs. After I googled about this incident, I figured out this problem should not be seen on the newest version of iTunes but I'm still suffering from it.

Temporally, I turned off Genius Play List and now, that error code doesn't pop up but of course, I can not use Genius Play list because of it.

I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restored firmware, moved Library Extras & Genius.itdb and do them again and again. Of course, none of them worked.

What shall I do? Is there anyone else who is experiencing same thing to me? How can I get my Genius Play List function back?

Please Help me. I'm desperate. :<

Any help would be really appreciated.
  2. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    You need to enter it in to DFU mode:
    Hold down the home and power button for 10 seconds.
    Let go of the power button while holding the home button.
    In about 20-30 seconds iTunes will recognize it and you can restore.
  3. SogazuSeJin

SogazuSeJin New Member

Hmm......

Like I said, I've already restored firmware -of course Ver.2.2- several times. Is it really necessary? What kind of difference is there between hitting restore button in the iTunes and DFU mode?

Do I have to do that when I plug in my ipod into my PC?

Anyway, I'm totally doing it. If it worked, I would definately raise my two thumbs up and shout 'FTW' in the air for you. Wish me luck.

PS. 1min later, it didn't work out. damn it! :<