unknown error (-4)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by 1q2q3q4q5q, Jul 11, 2008.

1. 1q2q3q4q5q

1q2q3q4q5q New Member

i have been trying to update to 2.0 and when i click "check for update" it just says 1.1.4 is the newest version. then when i go on the apple website and click buy now under the 2.0 update it just says "we are unable find itunes on your computer". when i plug in my ipod and sync it it says itunes could not install the ipod touch software upgrade on the ipod " kenny's ipod" because an unknown error occurred (-4).

why are things never simple this is like the 1000th problem to do with i my ipod.

plz help
  2. h1tman

h1tman Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you buy the jan software upgrade it means it could not find it it has nothing to do with 2.0 it happend to me

i lost my jan file
  3. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same thing happened to me. It has nothing to do with you guys on your end. It's all Apple. I must've uninstalled and reinstalled and uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes 7.7 about 6 times before I gave up. Now I see that the App Pack comes with the 9.99 Upgrade. Sad. Make sure you guys contact Apple to get your money back.
  4. bluemustang2004gt

bluemustang2004gt New Member

all this happened to me too! how would i go about getting my money back?
    thx
  5. kcp100

kcp100 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well i stupidly upgraded to 2.0 on my itouch. then i tried to jailbreak it with the few programs that can claim to do it. no luck. all i did was get my pod stuck in restore mode. i was (with much hassle) able to downgrade to 1.1.4 but then apple would not install the jan software upgrade i payed 20 friggin hard earned dollars for(before i even knew about jailbreaking).

so basicly apple stole $20 from every touch user who had to restore. now they are bugging us with annoying popup screens in itunes trying to get us to pay $10 for an upgrade with the only notiable feature being the new calc wich is probly in installer now any way.

so im pretty p!$$ed off at apple right now
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow... I thought I was the only one who suffered from 100 issues. Upgrading is never as easy as 1 click for me. EVER. Why? Idk but it's freaking annoying. And just like you guys apple stole my $20 too. I tried getting a refund but the assholes wouldn't give me my money back. And then I had to pay for this crappy 2.0 update. If you ask me, apple fits the definition of theives.