Unjailbreaking UN-voids warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pyroxp7, Oct 3, 2008.

1. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I haven't jailbroken my iPod Touch yet, but am planning to eventually. I still have about 9 months left in my warranty. Previously, I had a problem with my iPod Touch 8gb 1G even though I had jailbroke it, and I was happy because I still had a warranty. But now, I'm deciding whether or not to jailbreak because I'm afraid to jailbreak and void my warranty and experience a problem in the future.

What my main concern if voiding my iPod Touch warranty. But I'm also wondering that if you do a restore to your iPod Touch, after you want to unjailbreak it, if it will bring back your warranty. Because I'm afraid that if I jailbreak it and a problem occurs and my warranty is gone, if I can restore and bring back my warranty.

Thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    yes it technically doesnt but they cant tell you jailbroke it unless you leave traces like make it mine for ipod that changes ipod to whatever you want
  3. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

As long as you put it into DFU Mode and restore, you'll be fine. If you don't know what DFU Mode is, use the handy Search button at the top of the page.
  4. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    also make sure that when you do return it for some issue that if it is still working you at least have some music on it so it seems like you use it
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Well it is valid either way unless they find out. Fortunately they don't trace your files.
  6. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    So if I jailbreak and something happens that only can be replaced, I can just put it in DFU mode, do a restore, maybe add some music/photos/videos, and they won't know and will still believe that I left it normal and will follow through with my warranty?
  7. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah basically i just said to add music/videos just to be safe you dont have to though
  8. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The Apple "Geniuses" know less about computers than you and I'm willing to bet that you could walk into a store empty handed and say that something is wrong with your iPod and they'll give you a replacement!

9. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Lol. Thank so much everybody for helping me! I'm currently jailbreaking my iPod Touch on Firmware 2.1.

Thanks for your help!
  10. juank.92

juank.92 New Member

i jailbroke my iphone but now it seems it CAN'T join WiFi networks at first it shows the signal bars but when i click safari, cydia, maps it changes to the EDGE icon (because i turned 3G off) so they told me to send it in for a check up but i'm afraid that even if i restore it they can tell if i jail broke it and say that i voided the warranty any help on the WiFi issues or the restoring so jailbreak is undetactable will be MUCH APPRECIATED

thx in advance