UniWar

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by xanafeyed, Apr 19, 2009.

1. xanafeyed

xanafeyed New Member

How is no one discussing this game? It's amazing and on sale for a buck before it is supposedly raised to 8. Full online multiplayer too. It's a shame I am stuck. Stuck on level 6 of the campaign. Anyone have any tips? I really wish you could select difficulty levels. Probably my only gripe with the game.

But in any case it is highly recommended.
  2. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    for lv 6 you mostly just need to make sure there isn't an enemy ship, then just make a bunch of tanks and go kill them for awhile

i'm stuck (well i'll beat it as soon as i resume my game) on lv7, not playing multiplayer 'til i finish the campaign
  3. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got it

Please Register or Log in to view images

hope its fun xD
  4. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    MEH. It's a bit too slow for my liking. I don't like turn based to begin with, but this thing is just way too damn slow.
  5. xanafeyed

xanafeyed New Member

Figured out 6. For 7 just build nothing but marines. Keep moving them out of the spawn to just build a little defensive circle around the spawns. Build new marines every turn so they cant capture your base. I did it first time by using that strategy. Play a little offensively but mostly defensively. You just need to hold them off for 20 rounds.
  6. herr_sebbe

herr_sebbe New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Anybody know how much longer the sale will go on? Can't buy it for another week.

But aside from that, I contacted the developers yesterday. Be on the lookout for updates, since there will be new races, tiles and units (maybe missons/maps too, but I didn't ask).

7. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i was building a bunch of marauders (well one per turn usually) and used their double-move skillz to go and kill most everything until they started making things stronger than the marine-equivalents, and then i died

i'll try your way

update sounds good
  8. monk666

monk666 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had high hopes for this game when i brought it. I'm quite disappointed. It's too old-school for me. The graphics are not attractive, actually most of it is just butt ugly... The pace is also very slow, probably because it is turn-based and i'm too used to playing all the RTS on PC... It might be fun if you like slow, slow, slow strategy games and don't care much about the graphics...
  9. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I like it. Reminds me of good old classics like Battle Isle or History Line. Since there probably will be no good real-time strategic games like Starcraft due to the lack of decent controls, round-based strategic games are better than nothing and this one does a decent job. I would really love it if they would port Civ3, Alpha Centaury or Master of Orion II.
  10. AtomicSquirrel

AtomicSquirrel New Member

This game is awesome!

Honestly there should be a lot more hype for this game!

It has a full campaign, Online Multiplayer with upto 8 players, Chat features, Auto-Email features, VS and Team modes, etc.

The game is a combination Advanced wars and Starcraft and made something awesome.

I really cant get enough of It, its addicting! XD
    Every break at work, I kick back and take my turns online. This is the perfect game for people who like strategy games like Risk.