Universal Dock remote question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GaryCarter, Oct 12, 2007.

1. GaryCarter

GaryCarter New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I just got my Universal dock with remote today. The dock is very solid and nice in appearance. The remote is very sleek and will play/pause movies and play/pause/advance songs in my music library. I can't get it to play a slideshow of photos though. I've tried just hitting play but it jumps from my photos to playing music. I go back to photos and manually start the slideshow to see if I can at least advance the pics with the remote or pause/restart the slideshow. Each time, all that happens is I'm taken from my photo section to my music library and a song immediately starts playing.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyone else have the same problem?

I read on a website telling how to use the remote with a Mac and it said you have to first start your iphoto slideshow and then use the remote to advance the pics but , as I stated, that simply took me to my music.

An update: 10/13/2007, Just found this link where someone was reviewing the remote and found it not to work for photos. When he asked Apple support they pointed out it was for audio control only. Mine DOES start/stop movies and music but agrees with this link that photos won't work for at least the ipod in the article. Don't believe it was an iTouch. See link below:

This seems in direct conflict with the description of the product on Apple's site which states:
    And when your iPod or iPhone is in the Dock and connected to a stereo or TV, the included Apple Remote lets you experience songs, slideshows, and more from across the room. Just choose a playlist, slideshow, or video, then sit back and enjoy. The Apple Remote offers play/pause, volume control, and forward/back buttons for easy control.