Unique iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1 Problem--Need Expert Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Good.Spliff, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Good.Spliff

Good.Spliff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello iPod Touch Fans Community:

Yesterday evening I had the idea of jailbreaking my iPod Touch 2G 2.2.1 following these directions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uy00QsBO2c

After getting to step 5 of the process my iPod Touch has become unresponsive. I doubt that my iPod is "bricked," but I have been searching these forums for hours looking for a fix and have to find anything helpful.

My iPod is stuck a blank black screen. When I plug in my iPod to my computer, it does the usual "USB Device Not Recognized."

I have tried to put the my iPod in DFU mode but can't seem to get my iPod to respond to anything, not even get it to show the "plug into iTunes" screen.

I would just like to get my device back to its normal state, I have no need to jailbreak it at this moment anymore.

I am in a desperate situation. Please help me. Any other information you need to assist me?
  2. Mr X

Mr X New Member

DFU mode does NOT show any signs of being activated, it just stays at a blank screen. So you can't tell if it's in DFU or not, unless iTunes pops up. Just plug it in, hold power and home for EXACTLY 10 seconds, then release power, and continue holding home. Then iTunes should come up asking you to restore your iPod. Do that.
  3. Good.Spliff

Good.Spliff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mr X, you have almost solved this problem. Before I could not get anything to respond, but I timed my iPod with a stopwatch, and sure enough it worked. Now I need to download a 2.2.1 firmware to restore it to, because it says "software for this iPod is not currently available. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again." So I updated my iTunes and I have 8.0.2, should I go to the apple home page and download the firmware to my desktop, then shift-click on restore to the firmware?

Thank you

Problem: I can't find a 2.2.1 firmware to download. Do you know where I could find one?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, I have run into another problem, after downloading a version of firmware 2.2.1, I attempted to shift restore to the downlaoded firmware. After extracting files, there was an error (1). What do I do to restore it to its normal 2.2.1 state? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    FIXED. thank you.