Unhappy with my 3G[S]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Number8, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So I got a 3G 2 weeks ago, at first it was good, but then I realized the battery was horrible. After a while I realized the animation for opening and closing apps wasn't smooth, it was choppy...now I don't see how that can be possible, since my friends iPod Touch 1st Gen is smoother than my 3G S. I even upgraded to 3.1 and it was still that way. On top of that the other week I went to the Apple store to remove dust from my screen and they gave me a 3G screen instead of 3G S screen(I know this because either the olephobic coating isn't working...probably cuz it's non existant lol). So what are chances of my phone actually being replaced with a brand new one? I'm pretty damn annoyed.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Haven't you asked this a few times already?

You already have an appointment (or so your other post mentioned) so just take it back and let us know what happens.
  3. Geo411m

Geo411m Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

You should be able to take it back for a new one. It's obviously defective since my 3GS is super fast and have yet to notice any slowdowns what so ever.
  4. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Not a few times xD, once lol, idk I'm just annoyed lol, and thanks to ^ I now know it's just my phone.
  5. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Trust me I know how it goes. I apologize if my previous post was a little rude; I didn't mean for it to sound that way.

From following your posts I think you'll be fine going in and getting a new phone but I just thought of something: I would guess that the first thing they are going to do is update (and restore) your phone to try it with the newest firmware; If I remember correctly you're on T-Mobile? They may want to have a SIM to activate it with after the update (assuming you are not already on 3.1). If you had an AT+T SIM with you it might help (even if it was not an active SIM just something to get the phone past the activation screen). This might not be a problem with the screen the way it is but just something I thought of.

One other thing; if the genius does not think there is a problem (I doubt that will happen) I'd politely ask to see a manager. Compare your phone to one they have on display and if the problem is obvious you'll get a new phone. If for some other reason that Apple store will not give you a new phone I'd take it to another one (if that is possible). I have had better luck at some stores than others but I think that really depends on the genius themselves.

When is your appointment? I'm curious what might happen although my money is on you getting a new phone.
  6. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah it seemed slightly rude, but it's understandable, no problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Well actually I have AT&T so I'm fine with that part. My appointment is today at 1:50 A.M.(The Applestore in Manhattan on 5th Avenue is open 24/7), so as soon as I get back....actually forget that, as soon as I get my new(or same old phone lol) I'll post the results, thanks for the concern and help

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Let's hope I get a new phone or you're gonna lose some money! lol
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

So if you get a new iPhone do I get some money?
  8. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    NO, lol, and sorry DrewGzy, you lost money LOL. Since I had to restore it(to latest firmware, so they wouldn't say that the issue was my firmware) I had only about 8hrs of usage on it and 14hrs of standby and battery was 76%(but I don't think that includes random charging throughout day because it says "time since last full charge"). The "Genius" told me to use my device for a week so they can have some good data to see if my battery is failing(which I know it is since it went down about 10% in....1.5hrs? just listening to music). As for the lack of olephobic coating, the "genius" said that it wears off eventually but I've only had my device a few weeks so IDK how that is possible, but I was like w.e. I'll deal with it next time lol.
  9. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    your side thing says its jailbroken. That could be the problem...

also, if you take it in jb'ed, they will never help you with it again, a note gets placed on your serial number that you've jb'ed it. just do a restore and it will be fine.
  10. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, thank you for pointing that out, I had no idea -.-. If you had read my latest post you would have seen I updated to 3.1 before taking it to the Apple Store(only an idiot would bring a jailbroken iPod/iPhone to the Apple store for repairs). Also no a restore won't be fine, because as I've already mentioned I've restored it already and no fix. Also a SOFTWARE restore won't fix HARDWARE issues.