Unfair to any iPod Touch owner! HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KyleStyle21, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyleStyle21

KyleStyle21 New Member

So it's a casual day, listening to my iPod touch, playing apps, you know. But then the worst happened.. I walked into my bathroom to wash off my hands after mowing my lawn. I placed my iPod touch on the counter and washed my hands. I went for a towel and CLUNK! I hit my iPod touch and it slid right into my toilet. Of course I dived right after it freaking out, but it was too late. I wish I would have looked into it more to see that you shouldn't try turning it on after it gets water damaged... but I turned it on and off and on and off repeatedly. This further ruined my iPod as near the bottom where the usb plug goes it began to heat up sooo much that it hurt to touch. I figure that was something inside frying because electricity and water don't mix. So thinking what I should do... I thought.. go to apple. I drove all the way to my apple store just going off a story that my iPod touch just "stopped" working, but I soon learned there is a sensor inside that says it's been water damaged. This is were I really worry. $400 of hard earned money gone to waste. It's just unfair, so I tried going to bestbuy, but my receipt is from like last September, so I figured they won't help me out. I tried going to walmart and say it was a present that my uncle gave me that's why I don't have a receipt, but they could've just scanned the serial and see everything about right? So now i'm practically insane, and thinking of my last hope. Go to bestbuy, buy a new iPod touch, put my old one in the new box and use the new receipt to get my money back so now I have a new iPod touch.. Any other legal suggestions, or anything that could help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Alcohol can get rid of the litmus paper inside the headphone jack. Go to a diff apple store, and try to get it replaced again.
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is a tutorial (somehwere) for making the piece of litmus paper (water sensor) return back to normal. it involves using like alcohol and a cotton swab or something like that. that should help you out, and then you will be able to take it right to Apple.
  4. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Dude I feel terrible, umm they have you on camera and they'll check to see if it works or not so don't do that. I think if you would have told apple what happen straight forward they might have given you some type of help. Don't know what else to say
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, they wouldnt have helped him if water damage was apparent, but he can always try a different Apple store, and they never check the cameras, gimme a break. so you would be completely fine to go to the same one. And if worst comes to worst and they say you are not covered by the warranty, they will give you a brand new one for only $200 im pretty sure (when you give them the broken one) so at least thats better than $400

good luck
  6. KyleStyle21

KyleStyle21 New Member

Yeah, I'm sure I could go into the same store, and I have been looking into fixing my sensor, but when I look inside the headphone jack, the supposed sensor looks white nor red, it looks like a reflective piece of something. I mean the guy told me it was red, but I see nothing red in there. If i could find this red sensor he's talking about I'd definitely try and fix it. But even if I did, don't you think they marked the last time i was i in there, in their computers, because he took my serial number?
  7. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

i see ipods for $275 at Target :O
  8. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Next time this happens, don't turn it off and on over and over again. Just turn it off. Let the thing dry FULLY then it should be able to turn on. I would tell you to remove the battery too, but you can't.

What to do now??? I don't know where to get the parts or how to open it, or how safe it is, but you can always try to open it up and replace the logicboard, probably the part that is fried, and the battery. Only thing that is legal that I can think of.
  9. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    What are you talking about, I'm talking about if he tries to go to best buy and switch his new ipod with the old one, soon or later there gonna find out it's broken and they'll find him cause he's on camera and arrest them.
  10. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    He won't be on camera, he'll switch it at home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.