Unexplained iTunes Phenomenon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by russiaone, Aug 12, 2008.

1. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, guys! Wondering if this happened to ya'll. The other day I got an Apple prompt. Least, I hope it was an Applle prompt. It was for a newer version of Safari (or something) and firmware 2.1.1 Is this the newest software? Now after it had finished downloading, I went to iTunes and tried to update, but it said my firmware was already up to date. One thing I do notice is that my iPhone now shows up almost immediately in itunes. You guys?

Cue Unsolved Mysteries theme
  2. fattoto25

fattoto25 Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    that is scary..... a itunes ghost.... steve must've killed one of his co-workers!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    did you ever happen to think when you updated safari...it looked for more updates and automaticly updated itunes?
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats strange *Play twilight zone music*
    On Topic, I have never had that happen to me. Maybe its an error like when itunes dl's the 2.0 firmware for free. (Never had that happen to me either, but I have heard about that happening.
  5. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same exact thing happened to me. I just woke up and went to my comp and had a software update thingy from apple and saw 2.1.1 and was kind of confused because why would they give an ipod firmware update in the apple software update thingy. But anyways so i updated it and then it closed and i tried to update but it said 2.01 was the curent version and then i went on here to see if anyone got this but no one else did. I swear it is the weirdest thing lol. Im glad i wasnt the only one who got this. This happened to me like 4-5 days ago for me