Uncap EU ipods with 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by marc-hd, Jan 17, 2008.

1. marc-hd

marc-hd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hi,
    One of the main reasons i'm not upgrading my ipod is because i removed the EU volume limit using the installer. The difference is HUGE!!! EU ipods sound like sh*t without removing the volume limit. So if i do upgrade to 1.1.3 i won't have installer anymore.
    Is there a way to remove the EU volume limit of the ipod touch without jailbreak??
    Thanks
    Marc
  2. rrm74001

rrm74001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There is not way of removing the EU limit without jailbreaking. Apple got their asses sued off for not implementing this when iPods first came out.
  3. TigerShark

TigerShark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Erhm, volume limit? I have just upgraded to 1.1.3 and I hear no difference whatsoever. I had the volume-thingy installed on my jailbreaked 1.1.2, but still I heard no noticable difference in the volume.

And I'm from Denmark (which is within the EU, if you should wonder...)

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. marc-hd

marc-hd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    TigerShark did u have the iUncap installed? I can't believe you can't hear the difference!!! If you use the sound check option to have all your songs played at the same volume believe me there's a huge difference. With the EU volume limit once you reach the middle area of your volume line it doesn't matter if you keep turning the volume up if makes no difference.
  5. derdj

derdj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    What source is it from? Can you give the exact name of the uncap? I want to install it.
  6. marc-hd

marc-hd New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
  7. TigerShark

TigerShark New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes I did have iUncap installed, but I must admit that it still is very loud when I turn the volume to max. I can't say for certain that there isn't a difference, but I remember wondering about the same thing when I installed iUncap for the first time.

I do use the sound check option, but I can't really tell a difference with that option turned on or off... Strange...

Nevertheless I did an upgrade to 1.1.3, bought the apps, and now I'm happy... Can't wait for a jailbreak for me to use the email client

Please Register or Log in to view images