Unbale to SSH

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Fachh, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Fachh

Fachh New Member

Hey guys
    I am pretty tech savvy so I am a little stuck as to why my ipod won't connect to cuteftp
    Now I have restored twice and followed the instructions to a T

I am in jailbroken 1.1.2 with bsd subsystems and openssh installed, services installed making sure ssh is on and that ipod doesn't automatically go into sleep

I go into cuteftp, new sftp connection, enter in the ip addy of ipod, username is root password is the default (alpine), port 22

I have tried restoring to factory settings and redoing the whole process and increasing the connection timeout time but I always get this error

1) Verify that the destination IP address is correct.
    2) Increase the connection timeout threshold under Global Settings | Connection.
    3) Switch to the opposite data connection type (PASV or PORT) under Site Settings | Type tab.
    4) Verify that the problem is not local by trying to connect to an alternate server.
    5) If a server name was used, verify it resolves to the correct address.
    6) If using a local server table for server name resolution, check to see that it doesn't resolve to an obsolete address.
    7) Try pinging the address.
    8) If you are using a router, verify the router is up and running (check by pinging it and then ping an address outside of the router).
    9) Do a traceroute to the destination to verify all routers along the connection path are operational.
    10) Verify that your subnet mask is setup properly.
    11) Verify that your local software or hardware firewall is not blocking outbound connections originating from CuteFTP.
    12) Verify that your anti-virus software is not at fault (try disabling it).

I am behind a linksys router, could that have something to do with it?
    Help please and thank you!

PS

I know there are alternatives to Cuteftp and I have gotten total commander to work however I am unable to change permissions...even with squid and finder I am unable to change permissions within the ipod, not sure why but tapping furiously at the permissions section does not let me edit it whatsoever, the only thing I have been able to edit is the filename

thanks again
  2. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ty uding WinSCP to change permissions. It works great for me.
  3. Fachh

Fachh New Member

bumping post
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know that this is a very small possibility, but are you sure that your connection type is set to SSH? I know that CuteFTP by default doesn't choose SSH.
  5. Fachh

Fachh New Member

I go into cuteftp, new sftp connection as I stated in the first post so yes I am using ssh
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In that case, I'd recommend WinSCP, or transferring with Total Commander and changing permissions with Squid.
  7. Fachh

Fachh New Member

Like I said, I have restored twice, reinstalled squid multiple times
    I cannot change permissions with squid, any ideas?
  8. MrComic34

MrComic34 New Member

im doing everything right and it just wont work god