Unable to watch many including flagged videos on youtube

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bugmenot1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

I recently went on youtube on ipot to find a video i watched on the computer but i noticed i couldn't find it on the ipod touch's youtube. I tried to find some other videos and noticed all flagged videos and even some non flagged videos can't be accessed through ipot's youtube. Is there a filtering system on ipot that i'm unaware of and is there a way to turn it off?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't think they're filtering - YouTube hasn't converted all of their videos and I don't know if they are planning to. Probably just new videos.
  3. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

oh yeah i heard about how only certain videos can be viewed on the iphone on youtube because of their 4:3 ratio? bummer, but atleast better than what i previously assumed on how ipot was censored/filtered/gayed for the younger audience like what the wii did....
  4. edmarriner

edmarriner New Member

i dont think its the 4:3 ratio by more to do with the fact that converting millions of videos to h.264 to play on the iphone/ipod will a) take up alot of file space where ever its stored and b) take ages.
  5. bugmenot1

bugmenot1 Banned

i see, so are they working to convert all of them or will it be unavialiable forever? also does that mean all the new videos posted up prior to the launch of ipod touch/iphone viewable on youtube?