Unable to use Safari --> back to the main screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marchnic, Jan 12, 2008.

1. marchnic

marchnic New Member

I noticed something strange tonight when trying to access the internet :
    if I launch Safari and I want to enter an address, when I click on the address bar, the program ends by itself and the touch goes back to the main screen (with all the applications)

I'm able to click on links (e.g. on Yahoo or Google) but no way to submit an address or enter anything in a text zone...

has anyone ever met this problem ? I don't want to restore my touch, I already did twice last month and now I have many applications/themes installed...

maybe I should reinstall safari but I couldn't files the files anywhere on the internet, I certainly didn't look at the right place...

thanks in advance if somebody can help me

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

There is the default safari application...

I had this problem with my safari a while ago, but it would only happen once in a while and now it doesn't happen at all...

Have you modified your others.artwork file lately? I think thats what I did, I think I messed mine up or something...

Attached Files:

3. marchnic

marchnic New Member

thanks for your quick reply !
    I found a topic which did not correspond to my issue, but to another one with safari, and one possible explanation could be that I listened to music this morning and I have left the music on pause mode instead of leaving the music player.

some ipod touch users have reported safari to crash when the music player is left open for too much time, and in my case it has been open for more than 12 hours...

however, I will wait until tomorrow morning and check what happens, sometimes my touch crashed but the day after everything was back to normal...

I will now replace my version of Safari with yours also.

thanks again !

edit : replacing my safari with yours didn't solve the problem...
    i will wait until tomorrow morning, turning the ipod off for the night, and cross fingers hoping that it will be enough to solve the issue ! if not, another restore will be done...
  4. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Turn the iPod off then turn it back on, try to go on safari. Turning it off for 10 seconds or 10 years, it doesnt matter, well it shouldnt.

Have you replaced or modified your others.artwork lately?
  5. marchnic

marchnic New Member

issue solved !
    I simply tried to uninstall some applications I didn't use anymore or recently installed, and now everything is fine

thanks again for your help

Please Register or Log in to view images