Unable to use any internet dependent apps...why?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeffbass2x, Jan 10, 2008.

1. jeffbass2x

jeffbass2x New Member

All of the sudden I am unable to use any of my internet dependent applications. It all worked fine and then...nothing, with no known changes in settings. I am using the right password/key to access my network and it is showing that I have a strong signal.

I'm getting the "Safari can't open the page because it could not connect to the server" message;

the "Mail was unable to connect to server imap.gmail.com using SSL on port 993. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct" message (the account settings are, of course, correct);

Apollo just closes after I tap to log on...

Installer says: "Refresh Failed" when refreshing sources and "Error, Package download failed: can't connect to host!"

I'm sort of stumped now and am not really even sure how to search for the answers so any help to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who help!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try the DNS fix (go to your network's settings on your iPod when you're connected, and set the DNS to the same thing as the Router field, just delete what used to be in it).
  3. jeffbass2x

jeffbass2x New Member

The DNS fix doesn't work...any other suggestions?