Unable to upgrade to any firmware!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blackjak231, May 9, 2008.

1. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Hey!
    I cannot upgrade to any firmware but 1.1.1 and 1.1.2!
    I have tried everything, even DFU mode,ZiPhone, iLiberty+, but NOTHING works!

Let me explain...
    I was on firmware 1.1.3, and one day i decided to update to 1.1.4.
    It extracted the file, and then it was holding on preparing ipod for update for about 5 minutes, then it told me: "ipod could not be restored error(1604)".
    I then had to go back to 1.1.1 which works great!(as well as 1.1.2)
    I then tried to put it in DFU mode, but if i keep itunes open when i put it in DFU mode, itunes takes it off the menu (not plugged in) which is normal, but then, when it is "seen" by windows and it "bips", itunes doesnt put the ipod in the menu (plugged in), i actually have to close itunes and open it again...

Then, it says "Waiting for ipod....." for about 5 minutes, and then it tells me (PS: at this point, the ipod's screen is black!):

"An ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the ipod, then try again. An unknown error has occurred (1601)."

i was able to go back to 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 everytime succesfully, but i was NEVER able to go back to another firmware such as 1.1.3, 1.1.4 or 2.0!

I have tried:
    -Deleting itunes completely and reinstalling
    -Putting my ipod in recovery mode (gave me error 1604 everytime but with 1.1.1 and 1.1.2)
    -Restarting my computer
    -Putting my ipod in recovery mode or in DFU many, many, many times...(manually and with ZiPhone as well as with iLiberty+)

PS: I have another computer, but it is a pirated windows version and i cannot install SP2, which means no itunes! So the other computer answer is out for me....
    PPS: I recently saw that when i restore my ipod with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, when it does the restore, the screen shows the apple logo, but when i try with 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, it just shows a black screen! Also, when i tried Ziphone or iLiberty+, it would tell me "the ipod could not be put in recovery/DFU"

Please help!!

Thanks a LOT to anyone who will solve this!
  2. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try to PWN it.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do u have a friend who'll let u borrow ur laptop?
    or pirate a sp2 version of xp
  4. gradu

gradu Banned

I CPUs get you a XP activator

So it turns it legal if ya want?
  5. interestingkid

interestingkid Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why don't you put the ipod in DFU first then plug it in to the computer instead of DFUing while connected?
  6. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i put it in DFU mode both connected and not connected!
    And what is that CPU thing?