Unable to update firmware. Tried everything! Help?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kaotixkc, Oct 12, 2009.

1. kaotixkc

kaotixkc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have a 2nd gen iPod Touch 16GB which was given to me as a joke by a friend. It had a smashed digitizer and the back was dented and scratched pretty badly.

They said if I can fix it I can keep it. Well, I like a challenge.
    I've so far replaced the digitizer and back case and it 'looks' brand new however, when I received it, it was displaying the connect to iTunes screen (icon and cable logo) I tried to restore in iTunes but it didnt work. Error 1604.
    I then downloaded older firmware versions and tried those. Each coming back with various errors. 1603, 1604, 13, 14.

I did however, manage to restore to 2.2.1 and 2.2 but no others will work. This includes 3.1.2, 3.1.1, 3.0 and even 1.1.5 (lol it was a long shot on that one)

I have update logs if anyone requires them, basically there are different errors showing in the logs. Notibly one about authorization for the image, I have no idea what authorization failed or for what reason.

Basically I'm just looking to get the latest firmware on this iPod touch but simply cannot and are currently stuck with 2.2.1 or 2.2

I've tried multiple USB ports, multiple computers, multiple operating systems (I use Windows 7, I have a Vista box and plenty of XP boxes to test and all different hardware) Also tried fresh installs of XP and iTunes and new accounts etc.

I honestly think this iPod is part-bricked and if I am unable to get it working I will be forced to sell it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    try DFU restoring
  3. kaotixkc

kaotixkc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Tried many times, also tried normal recovery mode restore.