Unable to sync Music files

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by touch_iPod, Jun 2, 2010.

1. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Guys, I just bought a 32GB 3G iPod touch to replace my 2G, which I sold off today.

During the initial sync, all the music files, apps, photos, and settings from the previous iPoT were successfully transferred to the new one. However, when I did a second sync, everything was still in order except for the music files.

What happened was this: the files were actually transferred and stored in the iPoT's memory but when I opened the Music app, the wordings "No Content" appeared. In fact, this was also the problem that I faced with my previous iPod as well.

I have never had this problem until recently, i.e. in the past month. How come such a thing can happen? Is it something to do with the iPhone OS 3.1.3 or even iTunes 9.1 (or as a worst case scenario, both)?

Your input and suggestions is very much appreciated, thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, i know a few people who have had this glitch. A restore to new iPod would be the best solution.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

A restore is never the best solution. Try resetting all settings first.
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm trying one method proposed by someone in another forum, i.e. to add a new playlist and then sync.

This supposedly solved the "No Content" problem / bug, faced by many iPod touch owners! However, it still failed on mine...

Please Register or Log in to view images