Unable to Sync IPod Classic to ITunes

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by Terry Peach, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Terry Peach

Terry Peach New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi All
    Newby to the site I tried to start a thread last night but I can not find it now must have made a mistake.

I have an I Pod Classic 160gb memory with 131gb free, for some reason i cannot sync with my computer and when I run a Diagnostics on it all tests are ok until the last part, and it states " No Ipod touch Ipad or I phone has been found" I have 3 CD,s awaiting but I am unable to download them on to my I pod

Thank you
    Terry
  2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Did you download iTunes? If not, download iTunes, rip the CDs with iTunes, and sync the iPod with iTunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ambience

Ambience Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    Um, he's having a problem with iTunes. Kind of hard to have a problem with iTunes if you don't have iTunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does it work on a different computer?
    Zyiros likes this.
  4. Terry Peach

Terry Peach New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi Zyiros & Ackbar
    He have re-read my thread and I understand your replys, I did not make myself very clear, I have I Tunes I have 6 days of music on it that has already synced with my Ipod but, the latest three CD's I have ripped on to my computor are not syncing with my Ipod
    As I have said in my thread the I tunes Diagnostics all tests are ok but the last test states No Ipod Touch, No Ipad, or No Iphone has been found, My I pod is an Ipod Classic

Terry
  5. Ambience

Device:
    Nexus 7
    So is the problem the fact that you can't sync the music onto the iPod, or that the iPod doesn't appear at all?
  6. Terry Peach

Terry Peach New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi Ackbar I cannot sync the music onto the I pod, All the details of my I pod are there serial number all my music I have downloaded, all the details that should be there it is just not syncing CD's that I have put on I Tunes the last three days. The CD's are all legal, i have deleted them and re installed them I have downloaded the same CD's on to Windows Media player and synced them onto my wife's philips I pod and it has worked ok

Terry
  7. Ambience

Device:
    Nexus 7
    OK, if you have all of your music on your computer, you can try restoring your firmware. You'll have to put all your songs back on, but I don't see any way around this.

If you can't restore your iPod by just clicking restore in iTunes, try putting it in Disc Mode. Hold Menu+Center until you see the Apple logo, then immediately switch to holding down Play/pause+Center until you enter disc mode. iTunes will spew crap at you (It sometimes thinks it's corrupted, don't worry, it's not). Just click OK at all dialog boxes, then restore your iPod by clicking on the restore button.