Unable to SSH into 2G anymore :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by link433, Feb 15, 2009.

1. link433

link433 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok, got a problem...

I've been able to SSH into my iPod before, now I cant.

I've done a bunch of steps... uninstall OpenSSH, restart iPod, reinstall, check to see if the network is on... all that.

I'm using WinSCP to connect.

My iPod IP address is 192.168.1.101, and my PC is 192.168.1.102

Every time I attempt to connect via WinSCP, I get different errors. Sometimes it just won't connect, sometimes it'll go in, and I can see the filesystem, but as soon as I change directories, it'll disconnect (this happens once in 100 times), sometimes it'll tell me it's taking too long to connect.

I'm at the end of my rope with this thing!
  2. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    make sure wifi is on
  3. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I guess the wifi signal is too low - happens on mine too if i lay it down on the table - but once i put something under it so it looks up a little bit it works without any problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. xTommyx

xTommyx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure your username and password is right also.
  5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    try to ssh without wifi using your usb cable. you can find some videos on youtube to show you how. my ipod also wont let me ssh using wifi.
  6. link433

link433 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    @SprintUser... wow... that was awesome... you completely fixed my problem!!!!11oneone

Wow... I think I'd know if WiFi is on... I can get an IP address, and can browse Safari, Cydia, and open other net apps...

@div^... I have full signal, hell, I can lay it ON my router, and I'm still getting the same errors... I'm really starting to worry!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Guess I'll just have to re-JB my iPod just to SSH agian... not sure why it's not working... tried a wired connection, and still nothing... oh well... thanks alot....
  7. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

^

Again, iPhone Tunnel Suite (here) works really well and you get the added bonus of not getting pissed off when the iPod autolocks and disconnects from WiFi.

Make sure the SSH switch on SBSettings/BossPrefs is on. Sorry to state the obvious for you again, but you never know...