Unable to save image on Safari

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jack1231, Aug 13, 2008.

1. jack1231

jack1231 New Member

With firmware 2.0 or above, we can hold our fingers on a photo in safari for a few second to save the photo in the album named "Save Photos" directly. I've tried it when I was using firmware 2.0...

But after I updated to firmware 2.0.1, this doesn't work anymore.

When I hold my finger on a photo, the button "save image" would still pop up, but, after I click it, the photo would be saved as a very small cover photo of the "Saved Photos" album. And it can't be found in the "Saved Photos" album. Only those screenshots can be saved in the album (by holding "Home" and pressing "power on/off").

Every time I use "save image" in Safari, the new saved photo will replace the previous one and become another very tiny cover photo of the "Saved Photos" album.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Sorry for my English.
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Is your device jailbroken? (It shouldn't make a difference, but I want to get all the information I can.) If the problem doesn't resolve it self somehow, try the following steps:

1. In Settings, go to General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
    2. You should try a restore if that doesn't work.

Perhaps there is another fix to this issue, but if there is one I don't know it, I'm afraid.

*Your English is excellent.
  3. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It's a permissions issue, I'll bet. See if you can change the owner to Mobile, or set permissions to 777 for the 100APPLE and 999APPLE folders and try again.
  4. Jesus69

Jesus69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If it's jailbroken you might have to do a restore... well you might have to do a restore anyway... so just reset all settings and if that doesnt fix the problem do a restore...
  5. jack1231

jack1231 New Member