Unable to restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dajavax, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dajavax

dajavax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't know what happened with a friend's iphone but he suddenly came rushing with me telling me his icons were all gone... i had previously unlocked and jailbraked his iphone... i told him no problem i would just restore it and everything will be working great again... besides he needed to upgrade, he was still in 2.0... anyways... i downloaded the 2.2.1 ipsw and did the shift restore just to get an error at 1/4 of it being completed telling me it could not be restored error (14)... i decided to try making itunes download the ipsw... same thing... tried on a mac and same thing happened but now with error (6)... kept trying... and the same... so whenever i try with my pc i get error (14) and with that mac, error (6)... i then decided to try with 2.2... same luck... is it bricked?... no way it can be saved? sorry if this is hard to read im just desperate he might make me pay him or something :S
  2. mkikeke369

mkikeke369 New Member

no it's not bricked if you are trying to restore with a jailbrokenfw put it as iPod2,1_2.2.1_Restore.ipsw thats what i did and it worked fine with me i got error (14) on my windows so that just might be whats wrong and if this doesn't help go search the error on apple.com
  3. dajavax

dajavax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i had it like iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore because it's a first generation... i tried removing the _5H11 as you suggested... but it was still the same... thanks for your answer though... i appreciate it... the only one who tried to help me...
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Have you tried putting it into DFU mode?
  5. dajavax

dajavax Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yes... first i tried normally.,. it took me to recovery mode... recovery mode didn't work so i tried DFU... same luck and took me back to recovery mode after the error

Please Register or Log in to view images