Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Unable to register with Pandora - weird problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ferr, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had a Pandora account for years. I got a new iPod touch (I have the 1st gen, but just got the 4th gen). It recognizes the password and username (otherwise, it says something like "wrong password"), but it just gives me a generic error when I try to login with the right credentials: "Unable to register your iPod touch with Pandora"

How do I fix this problem? I have not been able to find anyone else reporting the same problem.

Your help is much appreciated.
  2. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try to make a new account? I don't know.. I installed Pandora and used the account that I've used for years, so I dunno how to help ya, maybe someone will.
  3. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, that sort of defeats the purpose, especially if I paid for the account. It's weird. Logging in works just fine on the first gen, but consistently fails with the 4th gen.
  4. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You paid for a Pandora account?

And I know it defeats the purpose, but sometimes when stuff like this happens, your stuck with nothing but to make a new account.

I dunno, restart your iPod or something and try over, or delete the app and reinstall. You may have already done this, but...
  5. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Weird, it fixed itself. On the 6th or 7th try of restarting Pandora, it just worked on its own! Thanks for the help, either way. I hope anyone else with this problem just... tries what I did? lol
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sometimes it's nice to contribute to a service that you like, and get a little bit of something extra in the end: no ads and unlimited listening time on computers.

I don't really agree with your logic, not that I really see it in the first place. "Sometimes you just get screwed." is what your logic seems to be amounting to, and, really, 99% of the time, especially in cases like this, there is a solution that just takes a little bit of effort and thinking outside of the box.

Yes, it is obvious that the solution to that "Office 2010 is not working" problem is to buy a replacement piece of software. Same thought process, but not really helpful.