Unable to re-sync apps after jailbreak...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by namethatscleverandironic, Mar 13, 2009.

1. namethatscleverandironic

namethatscleverandironic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've just jailbroken my iPod 2g using QuickFreedom and it seems to have all been a success.
    Before "updating" my firmware though, I copied all of my existing apps to my computer into iTunes. Now though I am getting a message saying that my apps "will not sync because I am not authorized for them on this computer."

I sort of thought that a jailbroken iPod wouldn't care about this? But I guess it's just iTunes on my computer that still cares...? Anyway, I seem to still be able to download the same apps from iTunes on my iPod touch using the same account as before without being charged again. But I've still got some saved information on some of the apps that I was hoping I might be able to carry over.

Any ideas? This is my first time dealing with a jailbroken thinger. Thanks very much for any help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Authorize your computer. Sign into your iTunes account, then go to Store>Authorize Computer.
  3. namethatscleverandironic

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Aaaah. Sigh of relief. I selected "Authorize your computer" and got a message saying that my computer was already authorized, but it does seem to be syncing (going slowly). Thank you so much. I will post back within 20minutes or so when it's presumably finished to confirm. ::internet hug::

Relief turning to impatience as it all slowly copies over...
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ah, syncing. The best part of the iPod touch.

Glad it's working, have fun waiting.

5. namethatscleverandironic

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It did work! My saved information for the apps and games that had any is all gone though. It's not the biggest deal though. I saved over everything that I could.
    It's just a little bit meanly ironic that jailbreaking my iPod has meant losing all of my previous Gratitude Journal entries.