"unable to join network ____" all of a sudden.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by Ferr, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I was using Pandora a few hours ago, and had no problem using wifi. I turned the ipod off, and went back to it again a few hours later. Suddenly, I am unable to join the same network I was just on a few hours ago. There is a crappy free one that I never use that I can connect to just fine, as a test. My computer connects to the network on which my ipod can't work just fine.

It used to connect, and now it doesn't. I can't envision any factor that has changed other than time, and my PC still works online as it should.

I've tried resetting the ipod's connection settings, and resetting the ipod multiple times, to no avail.

Any idea what is going on?
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restart your router.
  3. Ferr

Ferr New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That doesn't really explain why the problem seems to solve itself on its own, nor does it explain inherently what is going on to cause this problem in the first place. A lot of people just say to restart your computer, or your car, or your router, but it never really helps to tackle the issue and solve it so it doesn't happen again. It just holds it off until later. When I had this problem, it took a little while of just trying over and over again, and it worked again on its own. No settings were changed whatsoever. It then happens a week or two later completely on its own.