iOS 4.1 unable to JB 4.1 on ipod touch 3g 32gb with sn0wbreeze

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by seriousneo, Sep 26, 2010.

1. seriousneo

seriousneo Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I already downgraded to 3.1.2, jb with star.
    When I load the custom ipsw to itunes, I get errors. Still errs with ibooty and payloadpwn.
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Star is a userland jailbreak; in order to load a custom firmware you need to patch iBoot (which cannot be touched by a userland jailbreak). Downgrade again to 3.1.2 (fresh) and jailbreak wth Blackra1n. Blackra1n exploits a hole in the iBoot unstalled with 3.1.2 . From there you can use Snowbreeze, but understand that you will be tethered for the time being.
  3. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I still get problems with iPod touch 2g mc. I jailbroke with blackra1n got the waiting for custom firmware logo. Then when i try to restore to custom firmware I get error 17
  4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    @twinkeir, Try to download the latest Snowbreeze; I believe that bug was fixed in 2.0.2 . Be careful with custom boot logos though, if it does not meet the very specific criteria it will be rejected. It must be a .png , must have an alpha channel, atleast one transparent pixel (as so I'm told), and most importantly: under 100Kb when compressed (for me I had to use a logo at 43Kb for it to be acceptable).
  5. seriousneo

seriousneo Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    any clue how to make blackra1n work on win7 64 bit? i dont have the folder you're supposed to put blackra1n in, going to try out spirit jb
  6. cyberghoser1

cyberghoser1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    He meant the custom logo by iReb "waiting for custom firmware" as iPod Touch 2g MC cannot have a custom boot logo with sn0wbreeze.
  7. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I need to use ibooty method so I can't do bootlogos anywY. Ihave tried sn0wbreeze 2.0.2.

Any ith solutions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    2g mc dont use ireb they use ibooty because ireb gets stuck at waiting for ibss
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wish I could help more =\ I only have a 1st gen ipod and old bootrom 3GS. I've never had access to an iPod with the new bootrom =X

I assumed that since Snowbreeze works with 3rd gen devices now that boot logos would work...