iOS 4.0 Unable to jailbreak MB 3gs

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BlackBurningIce, Jun 24, 2010.

1. BlackBurningIce

BlackBurningIce New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well when I first got my iphone 3gs I was surprised it wasn't running 3.1.3. When I got home I found out it was MB and was really happy. So I went ahead and looked for jailbreaks since my ipod touch 2g was happily jailbroken for a while and i was away from the jailbreak scene.

Blackra1n: Supposedly untethered devices if they weren't MC. I got stuck tethered for 3.1.2.

sn0wbreeze: Made an ipsw tried to restore with itunes. Got an error code 3 times.

Spirit: This worked for me.

When iOS 4 came out my iphone conveniently shut off and wouldn't boot so I updated.

redsn0w: Mac only i think for latest version and vmware mac did not work too well in restoring any ipsw files.

sn0wbreeze 1.6.1: Last option I tried and itunes threw and error at me again in restoring.

So what is wrong? Model number is MB*... Doesn't that mean it has an old bootrom?
  2. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No it won't. Use USBView . . . search the forum or Google for how to find your iBoot version. I have an MB 3GS with a new iBoot, so I am in the same boat you are. And f0recast tells me I'm good to go when I am definitely not.