Unable to go into DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sofi-lee, Apr 22, 2009.

1. sofi-lee

sofi-lee New Member

I've been trying to get my iPod into DFU mode but it hasn't been working. I've tried various youtube videos and even the DFU helper (standalone), but all it does (I think) is put it in Recovery mode.

Please Register or Log in to view images

After every attempt, iTunes tells me that my iPod touch (2g) is in Recovery mode. The reason I am doing this is the jailbreak my iPod and the QuickFreedom application requires that your iPod be in DFU mode. Can somebody please help?
    Major thank yous, in advance!

2. vtaran

vtaran New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    alright first thing u need to make sure is that u have libusb installed then all you really need to do is pretty straightforward

1) have your ipod on..
    2)press and hold the lock button and the home button at the same time and when the little red slider (turn off) dissapears and the ipod looks like its turned off..let so of the lock key (top button) but keep holding the home button till windows detects it, you should hear a sound most of the time..and u will be in dfu mode..itunes will detect it in recovery mode thats normal just make sure the ipod doesnt look like its on that is normal..you shouldnt see anything on the screen..then just go through with jailbreaking, anymore questions just let me know
  3. sofi-lee

sofi-lee New Member

I'm sorry, I just did what you told me to yet QuickFreedom told me to connect my ipod in DFU mode.
  4. Arisea

Arisea New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    empahsis, libusb is essential. if youre running vista, you will have to install libusb using service pack 2 for xp. there are heaps of youtube videos on how to do this.

i had similar problems, i incorrectly installed libusb, and it wouldnt recognise my ipod.

make sure u go check out how to install with service pack 2, because i incorrectly installed it, had to restart, and the computer wouldnt recognise the keyboard, monitor or mouse... lmao btw all fixed now
  5. sofi-lee

sofi-lee New Member

I did correctly install it. I went into properties, compatibility and I changed it to windows xp service package 2... and it does recognize my iPod. QuickFreedom just doesn't recognize that it's in DFU mode. When I test libsub, it says,
    "DLL version: 0.1.12.1
    Driver version: -1.-1.-1.-1

bus/device idVendor/idProduct"

And I'm pretty sure that's right.

I'm sorry, I feel like a whiner and you're all trying to help. I'm just really confused... =(
  6. vtaran

vtaran New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    mmm so you are running vista then?
  7. sofi-lee

sofi-lee New Member

Yes, I am.
  8. Pyroball

Pyroball New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iTunes lumps DFU and Recovery mode into the same package when they are in fact, different. Don't worry if iTunes says it's in recovery mode, you are in DFU. Unless you have the connect to itunes logo, then you are in recovery mode.