Unable to Connect to itunes(nothing to do with jailbreak)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by idk761, Apr 4, 2009.

1. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just a typical day of syncing my ipod touch to my vista 64 bit computer, but as soon as itunes pops up it says something like "unable to connect iphone to itunes." Even though I have a touch.

So I reboot, reinstall itunes, and did all the basic things, but it all fails. So I boot up my xp laptop, and itunes was able to detect my ipod touch. I do not want to sync my touch with my xp laptop, because then I will have to transfer all my videos to my laptop. About 8gb of videos.

I try to stick up for vista, but I am finally going to say it "64 bit Vista sucks!"

I just hope window 7 is better, I have been debating to getting a macbook or xps. I have used PC and Macs both for a while now. But I am leaning toward a mac.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It says iPhone as it doesn't recognise the device.
    Sorry to burst your hate bubble but please shrink it to the true "64 bit Vista sucks"

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Joeyl10

Joeyl10 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "oh im so cool, ive got a computer that costs 2 times more than it should"

On a serious note, try setting a shortcut to iTunes as Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode.
  5. r3v0lver

r3v0lver New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try getting some software that will clear your computer of all "apple related" software, and then reinstall itunes. If not check the usb cable, check theres no dust in the bottom of the touch, if all else fails see if the thing will detect your ipod in dfu, if so restore nd hopefully problem fixd. otherwise, go to your local apple store nd say "i accidentally bought a 64bit vista because the salesman seemed nice and helpful, now my ipod touch wont sync, help"