Unable to Connect to AtHome Camera

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by vandango05, May 29, 2009.

1. vandango05

vandango05 New Member

Hi

I have purchased Athome Camera lite and are having problems connecting to the server running on my computer at home with the webcam connected to it.

I have disabled firewalls, opened the specific port on the router and pointed this to the local ip address hosting the camera. I am able to connect to the camera when at home pointing my ipod to look for the local ip address but just fails when in a different network.

Anyone else have this app and can help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a linksys router (if that helps?)

Thanks for reading.
  2. liammk

liammk New Member

email the developer he was really helpful when i had another problem
  3. vandango05

vandango05 New Member

I have been emailing the developer, although he can takes some time to reply to each mail hence the post here to see if someone else has had the same problem as emails have been going back and forth for a week.
  4. labbats

labbats New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey there,
    I was able to connect to my belkin router using the avs server,but i could only get it to connect to my local network,eg:192.168.2.1,which is my router.
    I've noticed that in the avs server setup,that the internal ip address says it is connected to 192.168.2.4
    on my ipod touch wi-fi setting it shows that the ipods ip address is 192.168.2.4
    BUT,in the athome camera server settings (tap edit ) the ip addressis 192.168.2.5
    I've changed this to 192.168.2.4,save and log into the server but then i get
    error 1022
    "your iphone/ipod touch is now connected to your local network but cannot reach the streaming server."
    Now when i go back to the ipods athome server settings and reset the streaming url back to 192.168.2.5 and save it works great.

But i'm still having a problem connecting through my external ip address even though i have the right external ip address and my ports are forwarded in my router.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope this helps,