Un-Jailbreaking to sell and upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blue265, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Blue265

Blue265 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I am thinking of unjailbreaking my Ipod Touch 2G 8GB in order to buy either the 16 or 32GB version. My question is this, when I jailbroke my phone recently, I noticed the free space went from around 7GB to 6.8GB due to Cyllia's parition change. When I restore my Ipod back to the original Firmware using Itunes, will it re-partition itself to the pre-jailbreak state? Or will it always have 6.8GB free.

I am hoping everything will be reversed so I can offer the Ipod at factory state again if I do decide to sell it

Thanks for any help
  2. Exosion

Exosion Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It will reportion.

No worries.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Duykur

Duykur Banned

It will return to the state it was when you first took it out of the box. [the software]
  4. Blue265

Blue265 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks for your replies. It helps a lot to know that it will revert back. Just in case I need to un-jb and sell. If I was smart, I would have forked out the extra money and just got a 32 or 16GB instead of 8. lol
  5. Rhith

Rhith New Member

You might actually be able to sell it for more jailbroken, since a lot of people don't realize how easy it is to do. Not sure what the legal implications of it are, but if you sell it locally it shouldn't be an issue.
  6. Danv

Danv Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I was about to say exactly the same thing as Rhith! You might get a 50$ more by telling them you have 'unlock' the device and there is TONS of app already installed!
  7. Alok

Alok New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I should've done that too
    at first, I though, hmmm..... why get a 16gb when I only have 100-200 songs?

Now that I've jailbroke, I regret my descision. I'm totally running out of space

(emulators/roms, way more apps, etc.)

I wish I got a 16gb
    where as my friend got a 16gb, he has like 150 songs, and he has like 13GB free

. and I have 4.5gb free
  8. __Coburn__

__Coburn__ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my friend bought an iphone, jailbroke, put a pile of cracked apps on it and sold it for a GBP150 profit
  9. Blue265

Blue265 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hmm, maybe I will re-consider undoing it then. I guess if I do try and sell, I can give any potential buyers the option to have it Jailbroken or not. I never even considered that it could be a good selling feature to keep it jailbroken, so thanks for your input guys

I have a pile of songs but only put 100 or so on. However, with all these apps videos that I play with or watch while on the train everyday, I do find myself tight on space with only 8GB. Well, really its only 6.8GB and tend to run out every now and then. 16GB would be so much better.