Un-disabling a Disabled Ipod touch via SSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tonysala, Oct 13, 2010.

1. tonysala

tonysala New Member

Hello Everyone,

I've had my ipod touch 3g for about a year now and my sister managed to type the wrong password in so many times that the ipod says "iPod is Disabled, connect to itunes", I know the password, but the problem is when i plug in the ipod, itunes does not recognise it, i've tried restoring it but i get a "1611" error. So im pretty much stuck for ideas, My ipod touch is jailbroken and through sb settings i switched on SSH and i wondering if there is a way of unlocking it with SSH. Any help is appriciated and i can provide any info you may need.
  2. tonysala

tonysala New Member

Okay so i found out a way to undisable the ipod. but now i want to update the ipod but it is not recognized in the normal mode. It is recognized in recovery and DFU mode but the restore&update always fails (error 1611), so i need a way to get my ipod recognized by itunes. (also i realized that ipodservice.exe is not running in taskmanager, im not sure if this is a problem, but when i tried to run ipodservice.exe it appeared in taskmanager for a moment before dissapearing again) and help is appreciated

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Try a computer restart.
  4. alphonse3344

alphonse3344 Well-Known Member

I would just restore through iTunes, and have a freshly jailbroken iPod Touch.
  5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

ipod help?

i saw that you posted an ipod help thread. i unfortunately am having this problem right now... you said you found a way to undisable it but didnt specify, how did you do it??

immediate response is appreciated. 817 262 2728

you can text or call
  6. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    No. Update iTunes and then restore through DFU mode to the latest firmware. FW Updates or restores are guaranteed to fail if you don't have the latest iTunes.