umm..not working. Apple Logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Flixz, May 7, 2009.

1. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi, Need some help. Not sure what happened but my 2g is now stuck on the apple logo. Just updated to the Reds0w Beta. Everything seemed to update fine but it got stuck at the reboot. Tried unplugging, restarting but still the same. I updated itunes to 8.1.1 and now it's not recognizing it or letting my restore in DFU mode. I'm using OSX 10.4.11. Any ideas?

Thanks Again.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

What does iTunes say when you try to restore in DFU mode?
  3. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for your reply jawcl itunes said "Software for this Ipod is not currently available..."

But it seems I am getting good as resolving the issues on my own. I managed to be back in business with all my backed up apps etc.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I had already jailbroken my 2g and it recently stopped connecting to itunes so I thought to install the Redsn0w 0.3 and that's where the issue began. It remained stuck at the reboot no matter what I did. I re-read the thread "redsn0w official beta FAQ" and found this:

"What if my iPod is in DFU mode, but iTunes won't restore it, saying something about not being able to find the software update and needing to update to the latest version of iTunes?

Use redsn0w 0.3 to put your iPod into recovery mode. You can run the process until it says "Uploading ramdisk..." (or honestly, any time after the first "Waiting for reboot...") and quit out of the application. Then use iTunes to restore"

So I put my ipod in DFU mode again ran the redsn0w 0.3 in terminal then I quit terminal after it said "Uploading ramdisk..." then itunes was able to restore it to factory settings no problem. After it was restored I ran redsn0w to completion and bingo bango it was jailbroken once again and quite quickly I might add. Whew! Itunes and my ipod are now friends...pssst and just between you and me...I think the two are dating.

Hope this helps anyone else having this issue. Using itunes 8.1.1, OSX 10.4.11, Ipod version 2.2.1
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

When you restore hold shift and click restore. Then select a firmware you downloaded from the internet (just search for one and put it on the desktop). Does that help?
  5. Flixz

Flixz Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey Jawcl, If you read my last post I managed to resolve the issue myself but thanks anywayz.

6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member