um...big problem to me, plz HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by diuneilomo, Jan 23, 2008.

1. diuneilomo

diuneilomo New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

i hid ALL my icons, IT"S ALL... even customize and ssh, what should i do? I searched and it says i should use iorder by putting it through ssh, which i hid ssh too... Any good ideas?
    I got many important stuffs inside my ipoT!

thx guys!!!
  2. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry but i think the only way to fix is it restore. unless you have got dock.app, in which case you can just use that.
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Just open up an SSH client and type in /Applications/Customize.app/Customize
    Or, you could download a working N45AP.plist off of the internet and replace your current one.
    Or you could copy your M68AP.plist and rename the copy to N45AP.plist, replacing your old one.
    Or, you could use iOrder.

PS, you don't need the Application SSH to use it, so long as you have SSH turned on, as I can only presume you were smart enough to not shut off the only access you had to your iPod.

If yo did foolishly turn off SSH, you can also access the iPod via iPhuc. to do the above copy and pasting.
    Also, if you're using a Mac and have installed the afp server onto your iPod, then you can use AFP from the computer itself (Finder --> Go).
  4. ben471

ben471 New Member

Don't restore!!! Why is that the first solution everyone comes up with.

If you can use Winscp to get into your iPod, find the command line, there is a little black box in one of the toolbars at the top. Then type in what skylar said to. I think that's what he was saying but it wasn't quite clear.

Don't restore.
  5. bk83

bk83 New Member

no really dont' restore! ben471 is right thats everyone's solution and its the BIGGEST waste of time. The exact same thing happened to me and all i did was download iorder. just google it. then install it and when it pops up set the ssh settings then your ipod apps will come up and it will show you your current springboard icon order and you have the option to change it and then under that it will say how many icons you have hidden. change this to 0 then go to file save to ipod and your set.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

No, that's not what I was trying to say. You were adding an extra step. Why open up WinSCP when you can just open up an SSH client such as PuTTY directly?