Preview [Ultimate Leopard 2.0 ] A complete replica of the Leopard UI, with full 1.1.4+ supp

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by toomuchcaffeine, Mar 29, 2008.

1. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

The IRC is here! Talk to us on #ultimateleopard!
    web client here if youve never used irc before

Ultimate Leopard 2.0 - The next generation

Please Register or Log in to view images

Note: Screenshot is from version 1.2 and does not reflect how 2.0 will look like.

Many of you have probably seen my original Ultimate Leopard theme, arguably the most popular of its sort. I've been promising a 2.0 update for some months now, and I'd like to apologize for the delay. I originally had planned a March 10th release date at the latest, but it was delayed due to a few things. I upgraded to 1.1.4 and fell in love with the new features, but at a price. The newest version of Ultimate Leopard that I had been working on for the weeks before that wasn't fully compatible with versions above 1.1.1, especially some of the best parts of it such as a new very realistic Safari skin and the black Statusbar mod. I sort of gave up on Ultimate Leopard for a while until I began to miss it. After all, the iPod Touch runs a mobile version of OS X, so why shouldn't it look like it? That was my idea from the start when I released UL back in
    January. Anyway, I decided that I would port everything to 1.1.4. Everything. I'm not going to release some crippled version for 1.1.4 that skimps on the app skins or some other great feature. I'm going to make UL 100 percent compatible with 1.1.4.

You're probably wondering, why bother? Its just a theme with a couple of neat app skins. Or it was, rather. Version 2.0 is actually already completely finished, just not working on 1.1.4. Here's an overview of everything included in the theme to date:

-battery charger
    -black statusbar mod made by Romeboards
    -categories theme that makes it look like an actual leopard directory
    -an ants mod that makes the leopard cursor move around your screen (inspired by VM3)

-docks with dividers in various places to organize your icons
    -an amazing 72 folder icons including the brown ones
    -an installer theme
    -an iSolitaire theme
    -a brand-spanking new other.artwork made by Romeboards
    -psx4all skin
    -a very realistic safari skin
    -sliders(tweaked)
    -trash bin mod(NOT stolen from VM. I had this since January.

)
    -a Summerboard them now with over 200 icons and 13 wallpapers to choose from!
    -a tapper
    -a more realistic unlock screen with tap-to-unlock support, as well as the classic one for those who use slide-to-unlock
    -an iTunes style music skin that I'm pretty sure Romeboards has finished. If not then I will make it myself.

What I am working on:
    -A MobileFinder theme with real Leopard folders and other UI elements
    -Calculator skin
    -Semi functional Widget Dashboard!

Attached Files:

• ghf.png
      ghf.png
      File size:
      248.2 KB
      Views:
    5 people like this.
  2. toomuchcaffeine

Device:
    2G iPod touch

The reason I have no screenshots is that I'm on 1.1.4 and currently using a different theme.

If you want to help out with UL2 then post here or PM me. If you want to see a specific app skin or anything else in UL2 please post here.

When completed this will be the FIRST and ONLY complete theme for 1.1.4. Thanks you and good night

A lot of people have been asking me to put this on an Installer repository. I've been considering it, but I'm still not sure. Even if it was put on a repo it would still require a fair amount of manual setup and instructions. I may be able to get this on the BlazeCo repo if Edwin is still up for it. A lot of elements to it would have to be in separate packages though, such as app skins because not everyone has all of the apps this has skins for.
  3. batman27

batman27 Banned

Awesome i've been waiting for this along time, i have one question-is the finder interface like itunes or finder in os x Tiger? I have a iMac so i like these themes better than vista ones. But i changed to vista maximus when your theme was not being updated, but now i'm happy to see it is and i'll probably switch back to leopard themes. Oh and another really good thing you could do is make stacks work, it would be awesome if when you pressed it it showed the blue leopard folders. i've tried to do this but it didn't work, hopefully u could do it.

Good Work!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. toomuchcaffeine

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I assume you're talking about the MobileFinder theme, right? It will have most of the folder icons and such from Leopard.

EDIT: And about the stacks thing- I got the folders to show up in my Stack. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you.
  5. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

I truly can't wait! I hate Windows, so I have been waiting for a lllllooonnnngggg time!!!

6. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    excellent, looks (sounds) much better than vista maximus (ew to the max power)

not that i don't like vista the os, i use it and love it
  7. toomuchcaffeine

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, this will definitely give all of the Microsoft/Vansteel-haters an alternative to Vista Maximus.
  8. batman27

batman27 Banned

No, i mean the catergories theme for example when you open the HDD.
  9. XxtechmasterxX

XxtechmasterxX New Member

I think he's talking about what i have?
  10. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch