Ultimate Fact Thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by poisonjam, Feb 28, 2008.

1. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    I was aspiring to make an ultimate fact thread but now I’m doing it

First I’m going to start out with solely basic stuff

Where should I buy an Itouch; Online or at a Store

Well most of the time it’s a preference thing but here a breakdown between buying something online or at a tangible store

The facts about online shopping
    *No paper only plastic (most of the time)
    *You will most of the time have to pay for shipping
    *To some people it gets addictive
    *Unless you pay extra for express or next day shipping you will have to wait 5-6 BUSINESS DAYS (count the days except Saturday and Sunday)
    1. No taxes
    2. Sometime you can find better deals online.
    3. Doing research on your own time and buying it on your own time
    4.No real buying obligation(like when you walk into a store and say I’m going to buy this because I came all the way here for it )

New question

I have my Itouch now I need ITunes where can I get that
    Right here -----> http://filehippo.com/download/fb7847...d85e/download/

Neat I’ve been using my Itouch for a couple weeks now but it seems like it can be so much more
    That’s the glory of jailbreaking an Iphone/Itouch
    First before I say anything I’m going to give you EVERY FIRMWARE EVER

IPod touch is under Iphone/Itouch<----- Click it

Ok that very nice but what are those
    Heh we'll get to that later

Now we are going to discuss the two or three "cliques" <-- (Stolen from Skylar [Ill miss your apps Skylar])

Zibri and his blog:
    Zibri is credited for making Ziphone which Iphone users couldn’t complain about I mean I’ve done it my self and took about 10 min. But here’s the downside to Ziphone even though he made a post saying that it works with an I touch. Even though he stated that Ziphone was never intended for the Itouch in the video he posted it "works" for the 8gig if you try on a 16gig or a 32gig you will get the infamous "BSDroot: major2 minor0 " error which you will have to restore your IPod from there. And since it wasn’t intended for the Itouch some apps "don’t work" its not that they don’t work its just that the app are getting saved in the /media file instead of the /library so some people complain about no sound on IAno or TTR doesn’t let me download from "new tracks' or My books aren’t showing up or "my iphyics levels aren’t coming up" I’m not going to go into personal thoughts or comments because I want this to be a completely un biased thread

The DEVteam:
    Even though some hate them I wouldn’t know where we'd be without them they (I think) have been around the longest I’m pretty sure. Not much to say because I really don’t know much about them

I think there’s one more just cant remember.

Since now the 1.1.4 upgrade and people are in a mad dash to jailbreak 1.1.4 even though Ziphone2.3 wasn’t made for 1.1.4 and the DEVteam wants to come out with another Soft Upgrade I think or you can wait for a real jail break or wait on this Guy--------->http://ijailbreak.com/ WHO IS FIANALLY OFFERING ITOUCH SUPPORT for his next version which I will recommend because It will actually be fully compatible with Itouch and not just 8gig I hope
    Ultimately It’s your decision I mean some people are still on 1.1.1 and proud of it.

First it depends on how you want to jailbreak. If you have an 8gig and want to jailbreak it and use 1.1.3 or 1.1.4<.< using Ziphone be my guest you can find him at ziphone.org

Or do you want to be on a Jailbroken 1.1.1 this is what you do (I’m assuming your on a higher version than that)

Download the 1.1.1 firmware I posted above
    Save it to someplace memorable on your desktop
    Plug in your iPod to ITunes
    Click on the IPod Icon on the side bar when you’re on ITunes
    Make sure on the page that says "Check for updates" and "Restore" are
    *IMPORTANT PART* Hover mouse over "updates" now this is what you do hold down the shift button, (option on Mac correct me if I’m wrong) and click updates
    Now find the firmware you downloaded and click ok
    Wait for restore to finish
    On your Itouch go to Jailbreakme.com
    Click (Touch???) install App snap
    Viola now you’re on Jailbroken 1.1.1

Hey can I get those Iphone apps on here too
    Actually YES you can
    Go into installer
    Click sources along he bottom
    Click edit
    Click "add"
    Now type in http://www.ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml
    Click ok then let it refresh then go to the install tab and install those apps!
    What apps should I get?
    Well I think the most common and used one are TTR, WeDict, Iphyics, SummerBoard, Customize, SSH (discussed later), NES PSX GBA SNES emulators, and a new one is IAno, and books is a good one if you like to read.

Wait I’ve changed my mind I want to go to a Jailbroken 1.1.2
    Ok, ok
    Just make sure you’re on a Jailbroken 1.1.1
    First download Oktoprep from installer
    Then download the 1.1.2 firmware I posted above
    Then download the 1.1.2 jailbreak http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
    Save all of it to your desktop to a place you can remember
    Plug IPod into iTunes
    Go to the update and shift+click (for Macs its Option+Click) it find your 1.1.2 firmware
    Then when it’s done this is what you do
    Open the 1.1.2 jailbreak file
    Kill all ITunes processes by opening up the task manager go to processes and kill everything iPod or iTunes related (for safety)
    Run jailbreak

You’re done

Wait before your done I wanna jailbreak 1.1.3 for kicks

Rubs head. Ok first we need to talk THERE ARE NUMEROUS WAYS TO JAILBREAK! 1.1.3 and (I’m not sure if I’m going to talk about the soft upgrade though)

Ijailbreak: it’s an installer based jailbreak means No comp (It will make you or break you lol) JBTime: approx: 45min
    Make sure your running on a JB 1.1.1 or 1.1.2
    Add this source ijailbreak.com/repo.plist
    Go under Ijailbreak and choose the right one for you if you on 1.1.1 choose the 1.1.1->1.1.3 if your on 1.1.2 choose the 1.1.2 to 1.1.3
    Wait go watch TV or something

Or you can use Ziphone straight on an unjailbroken 1.1.3

1. Download Ziphone
    2. Extract it somewhere
    3. Put IPod in restore mode (turn iPod off [for me to restore I have to have it connected to my comp for some reason] hold top and home button for 30 sec till the "connect to ITunes screen pops up"
    4. Run Ziphone GUI click Jailbreak
    5. Wait
    6. Done

well I recommend waiting at least 3 more days for the new Ziphone or what ill be using the new Ijailbreak which actually has Itouch support You can do it the way everyone else is currently or you can wait your choice

DATE: 2/27/08 Jailbreaking 1.1.4
    Just update to 1.1.4 through iTunes
    Repeat steps 1-6 above

DATE 3/1/08
    You can wait for Zibri's Zitouch pr you can use Arix's Ijailbreak.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________

Complete Guide on SSH

Well what is SSH and why do I need it

First a couple words from Wikipedia

Secure Shell or SSH is a network protocol that allows data to be exchanged over a secure channel between two computers (in this case you’re IpoT/Iphone. Encryption provides confidentiality and integrity of data. SSH uses public-key cryptography to authenticate the remote computer and allow the remote computer to authenticate the user, if necessary.

Ok now that that’s done lets go to the needs of SSH'ing

*If you want to use ROMs this is a must
    *can be used to correct small app errors
    *now you can access the files in your Touch/Phone
    *and various other things such as installing apps directly into touch

Ok how do I use SSH

This will be fun *****

1. Go to installer and if you haven’t install BSDsubsystem I think it will tell you to do that first any way
    2. Install OpenSSH
    #download and installhttp://winscp.net/download/winscp406setup.exe]this
    4. When that’s done connect to wifi using your Touch/Phone Then press that blue arrow describing the wifi your connected to then look at its ip address
    5. Open up SSH then go to host name
    6. Type in the IPaddres you’re connected under hostname
    7. under user name type in "root"
    8. under password type in "Alpine"
    9. Wait
    10. You’re done

I will update this!
  2. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Man I really don’t like the 10,000 chars limit

ROMs and Emulators

What’s a ROM but I saw this kid playing Mario and Pokémon on his touch, but he just said find ROMs"
    Wikipedia is your best friend

Ok let’s start out with the NES games SOURCE:sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    *On the installer app download the NES emulator
    *Download ROMS via Desktop/ or through sources (if you want them through sources skip to "Through Sources"
    *SSH into your I touch
    *Download ROMs EDIT: EMAIL me for a good link at zente00@aol.com and extract it somewhere
    *open the extracted file
    *in SSH go through Media>ROMs>Nes and then copy and paste the ROM there poof your done

What about the kid I saw playing Pokémon that not a NES game
    Hess using the GBA emulator Lets find out how
    Do the basics SSH in your device
    Download the Rome you want EDIT email me for a link at zente00@aol.com *Extract it
    *download the BIOs file {Ill tell you where to find it EMAIL ME AT Zente00@aol.com go into /Applications/gpSphone.app/ and put it there
    *then drop the ROMs there

__________________________________________________ ______________________

PSX4al SOURCE:you should already have this One but anyway: www.macminicolo.net/conceited/iphone/cache.plist

This is a guide on how to get PS1/PSX games on your Touch/IPhone

Ok preresquites
    *Open SSH installed
    *PSX4all installed
    *Winscp/putty/squid/totalcommander installed on your comp

Getting ROMs onto your iPod
    Email me for a link to a good ROM site at zente00@aol.com
    Open up WinSCP or go and click on "var >root>Media>ROMs>PSX". Find the ROM you downloaded on the left and put it into the right. Wait. You’re done!

Find a BIOs file
    Email me for a link at zente00@aol.com don’t be afraid to Email me I wont hurt you.............unless I want to hurt you.
    Put the BIOs file into the Applications/psx4all. Then, set the permissions to 755.

You’re done to play PSX games on your Itouch

I won’t post links to ROM/Bios files. PM or email me

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    SNES games

You need
    *SNES (I will post how to get it)
    *Bios file Email me zente00@aol.com
    *WinSCP/Putty/Totalcommander/etc etc
    *0MG T3H &0/\/\$!!!!!!1111!!!!!ELEVEN!

Ok to get SNES installed on your Itouch/Phone
    On the installer app go to sources add the source http://zodttd.com/repo/
    Then install SNES
    Go into SSH go to var >root>Media>ROMs>SNES and drop the ROMS there PM me for a link to anything I can’t post
    Then drop the BIOS file in Applications/SNES

Your ready to play or you can add Franks Repo courtesy of FRANKDaTANK

OK im done for the day or am I??????

Stay Tuned!!!!
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Nov 15, 2007
    - It's a lot of information

What is wrong
    - You spell a lot of things wrong which do not assist you with credibility
    - You already posted this in your other thread
    - For your firmware section, I would appreciate it if you linked to my signature or the site that gives the firmware. Why? You're only giving out iPhone firmware that doesn't work with the iPod touch. My thread has the iPod touch firmware.
    - Don't use giant text. It really gets on people's nerves. Including mine.
    - Make your headings bold and larger so people can see where the different sections are.
    - Link to other guides for this too. People don't always understand what you say.
    - Get your formatting straightened out
    - For jailbreaking 1.1.1 you need to say Shift + UPDATE not restore. Restore wipes the iPod.

4. prodigee

prodigee New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    ok yeah great guide and all but do you even kno when zipod touch or whatever the F*** is coming out cause i really want to have a real jailbreak.
  5. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007

ok Ill take out the link I didnt knwo it coulnt result in a ban I mean theres this new thing called google and I really didnt know that was there I just wanted to make a fact thread and flames get on EVERYONES nerves look up the word cordial in the dictionary please

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh and I found the firmwares myself (new thing called google) I didnt use you sig ;\
  6. spoonforknife

Nov 15, 2007
    I like your guide. I'm trying to help you fix it so it looks cleaner and a tad better. I'm also directing people to another thread. I also didn't want you to get banned from the links because of your two great guides! (this one and the SDK one)

No flaming was intended. I will edit the original post to make it sound better. I apologize for the misunderstanding.
  7. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    And theres only 2 instances of "Big text" hmmmmm do you want me to make it smaller
  8. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007

Please Register or Log in to view images

1.0.0 and 1.0.1 are iphone
  9. spoonforknife

Nov 15, 2007
    Download it. It says iPhone. Which doesn't work on the iPod touch.
  10. poisonjam

poisonjam New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    crap. Thanks for telling me I had one set of iPod firmware and a set of Iphone firmware must have gotten the wrong one if I was on my comp I'd do this but I'm on my touch so I'll update thread and add a topic or two If I do two to three topics a day Ill be done by early April

oh and spoon thank you for your " support" and help kind of but it kinda doesn't help when your adver. for another thread that is farther along than mine but I think mine will be a little more intracite (man spelling errors to the M@X0£$) its not like I'm like that thread is nothing but it like going into a family owned coffee shop and bring in flyers about a starbucks down the street LOL (but I love starbucks ) also if you want to help your welcome to my next topic was going to be iTunes