UK Sim Only Carriers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touch_sensitive, Jun 17, 2010.

1. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm getting an iPhone 4 (Yay, my first iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

) for my birthday soon and will be buying it unlocked because i'm in the UK and it'll have a better resell value and the contract won't be too costly. I'm having a little difficulty deciding what carrier to choose. Currently, there's O2, T-mobile, Orange and Vodafone. I would like a very cheap contract to kind of offset the £500 for th iphone itself. I found that 02 are doing an iphone tariff for £15 a month with 300 mins, unlimited texts and wifi and is limited to 500mb a month which should be plenty. I'm not sure if this will apply to the iPhone 4 as these are current iPhone sim only tariffs. Does anyone know of or can recommend a better tariff on one of the other UK networks? The only needed thing is the unlimited wifi/ interent access.

Thanks
  2. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Vodafone £20 with 600mins, 3000txts and 1GB data + £100 Cashback through quidco so it ends up £20 * 12= £240 - £100 = £140, not bad

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is a Sim only 12month contract

Im really confused about how to order one as they are normal sims and need a micro sim though lol
  3. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    atm there's no way to get the micro sim (unless you want one for an ipad)... there isn't a better tariff... it's what you use the most i.e. if you think 500mb data is not enough & use more then 300 mins a month == forget o2, look at vodafone etc.... you need to compare them, you need to know how much mins, data, texts etc you'll need....
  4. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    On some forums people have received micro sims today, i haven't received of yet but i did register my interest at 02, voda and orange
  5. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yes some did get them, but very few.....
  6. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They said call vodafone
  7. touch_sensitive

touch_sensitive Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I get mine, which will be July/August (need to save up a bit more), a micro-sim should be an option after the release of he iphone. In that case, I'll probably just go to the actual store or call in requesting that plan with a micro-sim. The vodafone plan seems really good if the quidco thing works out and if the plan woud work on the iphone 4.

This whole quidco thing seems a bit shady and they aren't really partnered with vodafone. Has anyone had any experience with Quidco?

Another Question I have is that if I buy the iphone from apple unlocked and use it with a sim only plan, will it count as an iphone contract and be elligable for future upgrades like the current 02 upgrade scheme?
  8. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Quidco's massive mate lol have made lots of money paid back to me, see all the supported retailers (Included Apple) reviews of the site, icons showing its safe etc

And Sim only contracts don't allow you to get upgrades because you never got a phone with it, a little obvious
  9. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    T-Mobile does 6 Months unlimited internet for £20, its the one I use.
  10. Kidchop

Kidchop Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Linky, couldnt find that when i was looking