[UK]Pay as You Go: COST Estimation?

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by sprigner, Jun 10, 2008.

1. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Ok so its confirmed that O2 will now offer the Iphone as a Pay and Go service. But no price has been announced. Just wondering what you guys think the price will be?
    I believe 8gb will be £200 and 16gb £250+
    What do you people think? Am I looking a bit to high?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    yea i think about that, im just gunna get the £35 a month one though. I dont realy use PAYG and also, no 3g with PAYG.
  3. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    hahaha you can wish and i mean wish

400 pounds for the 8gb?
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i wouldnt go that high, apple said they wanted people to be able to afford it, how many EVERY-DAY USE phones do u see on the market over £400?
  5. iAlexander

iAlexander New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I've emailed O2 about it, but as of yet have received no reply (it's only been an hour or so tho.) I am, of course hoping it to be the same £100 and £159 as you can get on contract. I was overjoyed when I realized that we, in the Uk, are getting a much better deal than Americans! AWESOME! Going back, it does look like it will be the same price as the contract prices - Steve said so himself that he hopes to have the max price should be $199 worldwide! But we'll see. Sure hope I'm right!
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You think that the 3G iPhone will be more expensive because it will not be intergrated with a plan? I'm not positive on that, as at WWDC, they announced that the 3G iPhone would be the same price, or less, in all of the countries that are supporting the iPhone.
  7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hmm yeah but if u look at all current phones, if they are unlocked from a networker then the prices are usually more expensive, this is a trend that can be seen throughout the phone market
  8. sprigner

sprigner New Member

There is no way they could charge it at £400. Sure it would sell but Apple were all about making the thing affordable. Thats just completely made it even more not affordable lol.

Especially when they advertise "half the price" well im guessing thats more pointed towards the US market. But still im thinking around £50 more than what it costs to go on contract here in the UK.

I cant deal with contract; I got enought bills as it is tbh. Im not to bothered about 3G either. Sounds insane due to the huuge ammount of hype built up arround it but I dont go on the web that much on my ipod anyway.

So ye £200 and £250
  9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    oh btw this guy never said £400 it was another guy
  10. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    haha your all gulalbal
    think this is apple

affordable to apple is not what is affordabel to us
    this is a phoen with the best features
    its not like ahy other phone

when you consider
    the iphone on contract wil be 940 pounds overall after tyhe 2 years contract what cahnge is there of its beign the same price on pay as you go