UK iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TechDudeGeorge, Sep 8, 2010.

1. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

Anyone in the UK got their iPod Touch 4G yet or know if stores have them... I'm mainly wanting to know because I want to go into my local PcWorld store and try the new touch and the other ipods out. (They have the current versions on try)
  2. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All the UK Apple Stores have the new iPod touch but the other shops like currys pcworld comet and john lewis dont have them yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Go to your local Apple store and try them out instead? There's loads all cross the country.
  4. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

I ordered my IPOD touch from Apple.co.uk. Having just checked the My Account status on thier website, it says by IPOD has still not been shipped. I would imagine it will be next week by the time I get it.

I ordered myne moments after the Apple event had ended last Wendesday evening.
  5. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I preordered mine at currys :/ just waiting for them to get them. why do none of the other shops have them except for apple stores
  6. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

The closest apple store to me is about 60 miles (About 1 and a half hours) away from me... I'm not in a big city area. And PcWorld/Currys combined store is the only place in my town that actually let's you try them out. Others like Comet only let you see them.
  7. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well it shouldn't be too much longer hopefully tomorrow or friday
  8. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

Anyone that ordered from Apple.co.uk has your order been dispatched yet.

Myne still not shipped and ordered day of the Apple Event.
  9. scrumper

scrumper New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My local (UK) Apple store said they would have them in stock today, prompting me to take a morning off work and make a 70 mile round trip, only to find that they didn't have them in stock after all and didn't know when they would get them. I suppose I should have phoned them again just before leaving - annoying waste of time and petrol though.

What rubbed salt into the wound was hearing that plenty of other Apple stores in the UK actually did have them in stock! A bit of consistency would be nice! I'll give them another call tomorrow but I can't really take another day off work. Ho hum.
  10. DaTruB

DaTruB New Member

Me too mate, fricking sucks.