UK iPod Buyers Get Their Wallets Raped Again

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bbgames, Feb 6, 2008.

1. bbgames

bbgames New Member

Sure, they release a new 32gb version of the touch. But to charge that much money is just ridiculous! £329.99 which is around $650!! Yeah I know about the whole smaller market and importing sh*te they say but still.

I'm the proud owner of an 8gb touch. At the time this was perfect. All my music and movies went on easily. And that alone was £200 or like $395!

My point is, £329.99/$650 for an iPod, you can go and run!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Necro

Necro New Member

Well in € its 459, which is around 680$.
  3. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

If you knock off the VAT (17.5%) that our thieving @$$hole government adds onto nearly all our stuff, you would be paying £272.25.

That's not so bad is it?

I don't honestly believe it's all down to Apple. Mind you, I'm not defending them. I'm still pi$$ed off about paying for the January software update. But I really DO believe most of it is down to our own government.
  4. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I don't know too much about the world's currency exchange but if the prices are higher in the UK than it is in the US, doesn't that mean you guys get paid more at work? Like say minimum wage over here is $6 an hour, isn't it like $8 over there. I don't know how this work so correct me if I'm wrong.

5. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple is ripping off the UK market. There has been a recent case about iTunes song prices. We get charged 79p per song which is not equal to $1, $1 is equal to roughly 50p. We are also getting ripped off as compared to European prices. Which when converted is 74p and Ofcom (A cosumer watchdog) is making Apple lower their prices on iTunes to 74p.

However when you look at Apple products and convert them the new 32Gig cots $499.00 in the US so when converted should be £254.53, cheaper than the 16Gig one when it was released here, it was £279. See how bollocks this is for the UK customers.
  6. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Our minimum wage here in Scotland is 5.35, which is like $10.70.
    But as it was said its still a rip off $650!!!!
  7. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The UK always gets ripped off by Apple. Songs are more expensive, the january app pack was more expensive, the ipods themselves are more expensive, etcetc

but seriously, lol@apple this time, I wont by paying £330 for ANY mp3 player, thats half way to an amazing PC!
  8. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    In America everything is cheaper than in Europe. The salaries are higher and the prices are smaller.
  9. JackT

JackT Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I think its sick charging that for an ipod i was shocked at £279 for my 16gb but £329 or something like that puts me off stuff

10. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think some of you forget that Americans pay their tax after the initial price, so $500 is more like $550.