UK Iphone Holders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pooffck, Jul 26, 2009.

1. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    In the ads of 02, it says that UNLIMITED DATA of 3G...How much is unlimited data? i mean, there is no unlimited data but where does it end? whats the ending point?

And one more question,

Is 1GB of 3G data enough for iphone when using applications such as maps, beejive (msn), im+ (msn), news catching applications?

how much data do u actually recieve?
  2. vogue

vogue New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm on o2 as well. I know that their unlimited is not that 'unlimited', not sure what the cap is now, but I remember asking them the same question last year and it was around 200-300mb that was considered as 'fair usage'. To answer your second question, yes that's enough.
    O2 only catches you out when you've used TONS of tethering - that's when they charge you extra if you don't have the bolt ons.
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well here in Germany O2 has a "Handy Intetrnet-Flatrate" (Mobile-Phone internet flatrate)..available as Prepaid or Contract option.
    There it says: 200MB with full speed (3G9 then cutdown to GPRS speed (GSM) but still cost free

dunno how it is in the UK but I think it is similar to that in Germany.

1GB is far enough - beejive (chatting) and news hardly use any data (maximum I would say 10MB/day). Only maps use some data...if you use hybrid or satellite map even more.

I would say:
    maps: 700MB/month
    other smaller things: 300mb/month

that is far enough
  4. pooffck

pooffck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Dang!!!!!!!!!! 1GB must be enough as hell!
  5. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When I bought my iPhone, I asked about a Fair Use Policy and I was told that since the device is being advertised as fully internet capable with unlimited data etc, then there is no cap/FUP and you can use as much as you like.

The T&C say you can't stream music etc (Last.FM etc) but I don't think it is really a problem!