UITouchSwipes

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Tyr0, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, i am in the process of making a PocketTouch type app, not involving music player or anything, but, how would i get UITouchSwipe to work. I beleive i have all the coding correct, but when i try to make it, i get this error:
    Code:
    FlipSwitch.m: In function '-[FlipSwitch touchesEnded:withEvent:]':
    FlipSwitch.m:54: error: 'UITouch' undeclared (first use in this function)
    FlipSwitch.m:54: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    FlipSwitch.m:54: error: for each function it appears in.)
    FlipSwitch.m:54: error: 'touch' undeclared (first use in this function)
    FlipSwitch.m:64: error: 'UITouchSwipeLeft' undeclared (first use in this function)

I beleive that that means i need to import a header file, but i cannot find out which one. I have searched apples website, and google for hours, and i have found they want me to import uikit/uitouch.h, but it says it cannot be found, argh! soo hard. Any help would be appreciated.
    THX -Tyr0
  2. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Did you put the instance variables in the header file? I looked at the ADC and I couldn't find UITouchSwipe or UITouchSwipeLeft. I found UITouch and it says something about the UIEvent header. Maybe try importing the header files through the .m file instead of the .h file, or .h instead of .m. But I don't know much about that, but I will try to research it some more.
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

you must get the SDK headers (preferably pre-patched (illegal!)) and then import it.
  4. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    yeah, thats what i figured johnny. I decided to dualboot my comp with ubuntu now, gonna try tonight or tomorrow, i will let everyon know how it goes and see if it will compile then. I saw skylar posted his source code and it has the same UITouch.h and i get the same error, so he must be on linux too.
  5. gojohnnyboi

1. You will most likely NOT be able to install the linux toolchain (very hard!).
    2. Its really quite simple to patch the UITouch header.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I don't have the UITouch header. And posting my source was a complete accident. The source I posted is messy, buggy, and far from finished. It doesn't even have dealloc methods yet. Don't learn from that. There are far better examples out there.
  7. gojohnnyboi

no dealloc. OUCH. Also, didn't you say you managed to use all that stuff without messing with the headers?
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Correct. That is why all this all beta right now. I like to get all the objects I'm going to have, then create my dealloc. It's a bad habit I have. It's exactly why I don't want people looking at my source right now.

Also correct. I don't use the SDK headers. I could easily get them off of the computer I use for work, but I won't. Everything I release for Cydia is entirely toolchain + workarounds.
  9. gojohnnyboi

excellent. i like your thinking. that is a bad habbit >.<