UIKit/C connection library

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by el_777, Apr 29, 2008.

1. el_777

el_777 New Member

Hi everybody, i am new in this forum and this is my first post.

"I know many of you know these concepts, but only to be clear"
    UART: serial port in the dock connector
    GUI: Graphical user interface

I want to made an application for the ipod touch, and this application must made a bidirectional communication using the UART.

The problem is, i want use the graphical interfaces not a tty (shell). I know i can use the UART port, i use minocom to check this, and i made a program in C to send data using the UART, but i am very loss in the GUI UIKit library.

So the question is, there is a component to made this communication between C and UIKit or a library that include the control of UART for the GUI.

So fellows sorry for my English is not my mother tongue, and I have the hope that some body can help me with this questions. Thanks for your time and thanks to SkylarEC for the MyApp, where is the Lesson 2

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Lesson 2 will come as soon as I figure out in which direction I want to take the app: what I want it to do.

As far as C goes, you can go ahead and just use it in your app. Objective-C is a superset of C, so it can fully understand and implement C.

PocketTouch uses C to process the track information for the currently playing song.
  3. el_777

el_777 New Member

Hi SkylarEC, i am confuse, what i need to embedded my C code, in MyApp Objective-C. And how i can do the compiler work with the unix libs like stdio.h, unistd.h, fcntl.h, termios.h.

I understand that Objective-C is part of the apple SDK, and this dont have suport to the UART. Please tell me if I'm wrong.