UGHHHHH Help!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by SugarBob62, Feb 15, 2010.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm so annoyed over here...and have no idea what to do.

I was downloading a bunch of free stuff I found on the App Sniper. Well one of them, was Guess Car. I dunno what happened in the process of it downloading but it never finished.

So now all I have is a gray box, with Waiting... under it.

I've tried deleting it from my list of apps on iTunes. And re-synching the iPod. However, even with the Guess Car gone from my list of apps. It's still on the iPod synch screen, as this gray box. It won't go away!!!

I can't delete it off my iPod. Whenever you hold your finger over the icons, to make them shake and then the little X appears. It doesn't...

I don't know what else to do, go get rid of this thing?? I don't even want it, I was just downloading a bunch of free ones. Had I known this would happen, I wouldn't have. What should I do???
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    app sniper? u mean app store right? if its a jailbroken app then get cydelete to delete it like any other app or go into cydia and uninstall from there
  3. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well yeah, I mean I saw it on app sniper..and then downloaded it from the app store yes.

The iPod is not jailbroken....so what does that mean if the app is? How would I know...
    I emailed iTunes help people, but who knows how long that will take to hear back from them.

I've had this thing almost a year, and never had this happend, I have no idea what happened...?
    I thought maybe someone on here might figure something out before I hear back from them. This is driving me crazy!!
  4. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try downloading and installing the App via iTunes on your PC and sync. If that doesn't work I have no idea how to fix it. You could always jailbreak your iPod and you would be able to fix it through there by manually deleting the folder that the app is contained in.
  5. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did try that. I downloaded it on iTunes, but it said it was already purchased. And then it did downloaded, and I synched it...but I still only have that gray box with the words waiting... across the bottom of it.

This is so frustrating. I don't want to jailbreak it. I just want this stupid thing to get deleted!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok in searching for this...I've seen a few other people write about the same exact thing I'm experiencing here. However no one really replied with any fixes. So I know I'm not crazy, and this is something that CAN happen. WHY me!!! hahhaa

My question is...even if say I reboot my Ipod, which deletes everything off it. As soon as I synch it back up with iTunes, it is going to put the waiting box right back on it right? Because it shows up on my iTunes, when I plug it in. Or would it not put it back on? Is that my only option?

How does that work. Like if I reboot my iPod or reformat it...or whatever you do to delete everything off it?
  6. xitz your fearx

xitz your fearx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you delete the file off of iTunes and don't sync your iPod with it before you restore it it won't be there.

From what I see it seems like a restore is your best bet.
  7. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OMG this is a complete joke... So much for technical support Apple. Wow...

I understand you are having some difficulty removing an App. My name is Diane and I can appreciate your request and concerns and I will be happy to assist you today. This discussion may help to resolve the issue:
    Which she proceded to send me a link on "how to delete apps" are you serious??? You don't think I know how to do that... I specifically said in the email I CANNNOT delete it. It won't delete...

OR...I hope that this information will help to resolve the issue. If you require more in-depth assistance, you will need to call Apple technical support (there may be a fee associated with the call).

Wow thanks...

So how does one restore?? And I assume, you pretty much lose everything, like any progress you've made in the games and stuff?

EDIT... I found this picture online. This is what it is doing basically. http://img528.imageshack.us/i/photo0047wl4.jpg/

If that helps anyone??
  8. Anonymoose23

Anonymoose23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You have to go online with your ipod, and click those images. If nothing happens, re-download the app on your iPod.