Ugh Need help fixing my dead iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.5 Discussions' started by Eserel, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Eserel

Eserel New Member

So my iPod died. I was customizing and it was doing a hard refresh when it wouldn't load. So I did one of those force shut off and turn back one with the home button and the power button. But as it goes to the logo to turn on, it never loads. So I tried this process three more times, then it gives me the needs to plug into iTunes because I died little logo. So I lost everything. And I try to fix it, but I restore it and its 1.1.5 firmware. I used to have 1.1.4. I have iTunes 7.7 and I tried getting 7.5 but some issue with the library being upgraded software or something, so I returned it back to the way it was [ 7.7 ]. Is there a way to get me back to 1.1.4 so i can resume my jailbreaked ipod? So I can hopefully get back my applications and themes and all the other crap I lost.

Please help me.

PS. See other post at bottom.
  2. ElectricMan5

ElectricMan5 New Member

once it's restored, everything is gone unless you backed it up before from ssh. you can still jailbreak 1.1.5 to get everything again. exactly the same as 1.1.4... same method also.
  3. Eserel

Eserel New Member

I know everything is gone, I tried jailbreaking 1.1.5 and its just odd, so i prefer 1.1.4 'cause I am not one for change. And I have all my songs and videos and photos in iTunes and iPhoto. But how can I downgrade to 1.1.4 without destroying my iTunes to 7.5, because something conflicted with upgraded system and not upgraded. I know you can still jailbreak 1.1.5 and i know its the same and can be if you use firmware changer or something.

What do you mean backed it up before from SSH?
  4. tenkido

tenkido New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think the best way would be to change the firmware after jailbreaking. FWchanger is the app. Install it and then choose 1.1.4. Either right after or soon after you change your firmware, your computer should agree with the iPod and say it's 1.1.4.
  5. Eserel

Eserel New Member

Oh okay. That's great. Didn't know it worked that way, so then it's considered 1.1.4 and all the programs work on it like it was originally 1.1.4? I'll try that. Is there a certain source we need for it?

And another thing. My iPod is being really retarded and it's not sensing my wifi in my house. I've been pretty much everywhere, close, far, but it senses it and makes it disappear. So I can't download anything. Any idea what's up?