Ubuntu/PS3 Wifi

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by pickles, Sep 29, 2008.

1. pickles

pickles New Member

Alright. So I really want wireless connection on my PS3 if I install Ubuntu. I tried installing 7.10 and going through a walkthrough on the internet. It was like Alpha something. However, it didn't work, and I don't feel like going through all those steps a third time. Is there any version of Ubuntu, (that you can put on your PS3) that supports WiFi?
  2. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i know you can do it with fedora, not ubuntu
  3. bizzyb0t

bizzyb0t New Member

Was this the tutorial to fix it? Because it worked for me. TWICE installing XUbuntu. The very first time I tried it, it refused to work for some reason. But this time and the first time I did it on my friend's PS3, it worked. When I redid it on mine, I started from scratch and it was okay.

http://psubuntu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=458&p=1998#p1998

I may be completely wrong on this, but from the builds of Ubuntu I have installed and tried, it seems the issue is not so much Ubuntu specifically, but the kboot loader incorrectly releasing/reporting hardware when kernel2 starts. I have managed to get the wi-fi working definitively for XUbuntu, using the petitboot loader, however, if I reinstall kboot, wireless is immediately broken again. Reinstalling petitboot after that, instantly fixes the wireless issue.