UAFaker Fix for 4.0

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gleesonger, Aug 26, 2010.

1. gleesonger

gleesonger New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was able to get UAFaker working on my ipt 2g running 4.0 by the following;

1)Using iFile,ssh,... open the file
    /private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Toggles/UAFaker/UAFaker.plist

2)Change the value under KillSafari to 0

Code:
    	<key>KillSafari</key>
    	<integer>0</integer>
    3)Respring

While using Safari you will have to manually kill Safari for any changes to the user agent to take effect. If you have backgrounding enabled closing and reopening won't be enough you will need to close the application in the tray or use SBSettings>Processes
  2. Ascotr

Ascotr New Member

Thanks, I've hardly found any info on UAfaker. But it doesn't fully work somehow. I am also ipt 2g 4.0 but it still doesnt work, just fixes the respring at toggle problem. Any ideas?

Please Register or Log in to view images

(im not a novice btw lol followed your instructions correctly thats not the problem)
  3. gleesonger

gleesonger New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ye that should be it, the crash appered to be linked with killing safari.
    Did you manually kill Safari? not just minimized but kill using SbSettings->Process->Kill

I'm sure if you mess around with it for a while you'll get it working.
  4. Ascotr

Ascotr New Member

Yep, I was manually killing safari, and now i've tried almost everything; multiple combinations of respringing, toggling, killing safari in every way possible; I even SSH'd and manually enabled, and still no luck, so not the toggle either. would it make a difference that i'm not strictly 2g? :S i'm a 3g running 2g firmware (cos i had trouble restoring).
  5. gleesonger

gleesonger New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm guessing the problem lies in either the UAFaker saved file or in the Safari file which UAFaker patches, unfortunately its been quite some time since I first set out to fix this so I've completely forgotten what the file paths are, sorry I can't give you any useful help.
    If you have the patience to stick with it, I'm sure you'll be able to get it working. The problem I doubt is difficult to fix just a pain to find.
  6. demne

demne New Member

ipod touch 2g with 4.2.1, jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.6b4
    I have tried installing the UA faker & faker toggle from the SBSettings category as well as UA faker from the app dir and no love.
    Edited the plist file, created new ... nothing

Either the app appears to be on and functioning but the user agent does not change or when I try to turn UA Faker on springboard crashes.