TypeSetting/Fontbooks app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AppleSauseSi, Apr 19, 2008.

1. AppleSauseSi

AppleSauseSi New Member

I would LOVE a fontbook app for my ipod touch!

I work in graphic design and do typesetting all the time, having a nice little font book on my ipod touch would be awesome for my work.

I have looked all over, but I cant find any programs that are even close to font book (its a mac app, for all you win folks).

Anything out there I might be missing?
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i wish i had it too fontswap isnt even in installer were do i get it? pm me if you know
    200th post!!!
  3. AppleSauseSi

AppleSauseSi New Member

well i looked into fontswap; but it doesnt seem 100% perfect. Here is how you get it in installer.

1. manually add http://www.kankon.org/kankon to your sources
    2. then under kankon install kankon sources
    3. then under KanKon Apps install FontSwap

While it is close to what I am looking for you cannot add additional fonts; if you do you will brick your ipod IIRC... So you are stuck with only about 20 fonts with no weight variations (i.e. italics/light/extended/etc). Also the app does not show the whole alphabet, or allow you to type a sentence and view it in different fonts.

checkout the program TypeSet. A port of this would be AWESOME!

edit-
    oh, and I'm not really looking to swap fonts around on my ipod, I just want a nice viewer!
  4. AppleSauseSi

AppleSauseSi New Member

5. hiddencatch

hiddencatch New Member

Methinks, just having a set of images with font examples, like flashcards, would do the job nicely?
  6. AppleSauseSi

AppleSauseSi New Member

I thought about doing this, but some fonts may look good when presented, but when put into a sentence they read poorly.

Also, I have hundreds of fonts, it would be 100000x easier to SSH into my ipod and just copy fonts into a folder, rather than sitting down an making images/PDFs.